.360 Remington Buckhammer!

No, just another CARTRIDGE in the same caliber as dozens before it. But hey, they need to sell more rifles in the new cartridge, so it'll NEVER end.
It's like they think we're stupid enough to believe the hype. We must have a 200 yard straight wall case for deer season because it's going to be a game changer. We couldn't use a .45-70 for this task because nobody shoots them at long distance ever and there's not a whole bunch of data. Maybe they'll stop producing anything the predates or competes with it.

It's like they think we're stupid enough to believe the hype. We must have a 200 yard straight wall case for deer season because it's going to be a game changer. We couldn't use a .45-70 for this task because nobody shoots them at long distance ever and there's not a whole bunch of data. Maybe they'll stop producing anything the predates or competes with it.
They will sell a ton of them don't worry.

@Forrest Halley
Winchester thought people were stupid enough to believe everything they said about the the 243 and they were right. People still think it's good based on that bullshit.
Bob

@Forrest Halley
Winchester thought people were stupid enough to believe everything they said about the the 243 and they were right. People still think it's good based on that bullshit.
Bob
I'm deer hunting with mine next year and I intend to stack them up. Just for testing and evaluation purposes...

Yeah to the same folks who weren't smart enough to pattern and practice with their shotguns. Clean up on aisle gear dwelling hunter. I've tracked enough of those deer wounded by those types.
There is a good thing about the 350 legend, and that is recoil. The kids, ladies and recoil shy can use. Not so much with shot guns or the straight wall 44s and 45s.

Ballistics seem very close to the 35 Remington. If so, this is should be a fine cartridge for deer and hogs with the right bullet (I’m not sure about 200 yards but 150 for sure).

Sadly, this will most likely make the 35 Remington more obsolete because I don’t think anyone is currently chambering a rifle for it.

On the plus side there might be more bullets on the market for reloading my Remington 141 and my Marlin 336.

I just saw that Ruger just reintroduced the Marlin 336 in 30-30 at the Shot Show - bet they come out with a 336 in the 360 Buckhammer before the 35 Remington.

Sadly, as long as there are politicians that are neither hunters or shooters, stuff like this will continue to be a focus of the ammo and firearms manufacturers..

there are states that require straight-walled cartridges for deer hunting.. so manufacturers develop things that appeal to those markets...

ammo manufacturers want to sell as much ammo as possible.. so.. their marketing teams also do the best they can to sell their "new" products to other markets and create campaigns to compel buyers to buy..

the laws make no sense.. because the people drafting and passing the legislation have no clue about the very thing they are passing the law on...

a straight wall cartridge that flings a 200 gr projectile 2100 fps is no more or no less "dangerous", "deadly", or "effective" than a bottle necked cartridge that flings a 200gr projectile 2100 fps...

then consider the states that establish a minimum of 24 caliber to hunt deer.. but at the same time allow handgun hunting..

a .223 will generate roughly 1700 fp of energy... most handguns will generate about 400 fp.. a .44 mag only produces about 750 fp with a hot load..

but the state is perfectly ok with a guy taking a shot on a whitetail at 80 yards with a long barreled .357 mag? but that same guy is committing a crime if he takes an 80 yard shot with a 20" barreled 223 on the same deer?

as long as there are politicians, there will be truly stupid laws... and as long as there are stupid laws, there will be sensible people finding ways to "legally" meet the requirement to accomplish the intended mission..

Sadly, as long as there are politicians that are neither hunters or shooters, stuff like this will continue to be a focus of the ammo and firearms manufacturers..

there are states that require straight-walled cartridges for deer hunting.. so manufacturers develop things that appeal to those markets...

ammo manufacturers want to sell as much ammo as possible.. so.. their marketing teams also do the best they can to sell their "new" products to other markets and create campaigns to compel buyers to buy..

the laws make no sense.. because the people drafting and passing the legislation have no clue about the very thing they are passing the law on...

a straight wall cartridge that flings a 200 gr projectile 2100 fps is no more or no less "dangerous", "deadly", or "effective" than a bottle necked cartridge that flings a 200gr projectile 2100 fps...

then consider the states that establish a minimum of 24 caliber to hunt deer.. but at the same time allow handgun hunting..

a .223 will generate roughly 1700 fp of energy... most handguns will generate about 400 fp.. a .44 mag only produces about 750 fp with a hot load..

but the state is perfectly ok with a guy taking a shot on a whitetail at 80 yards with a long barreled .357 mag? but that same guy is committing a crime if he takes an 80 yard shot with a 20" barreled 223 on the same deer?

as long as there are politicians, there will be truly stupid laws... and as long as there are stupid laws, there will be sensible people finding ways to "legally" meet the requirement to accomplish the intended mission..
The dumbest part that in Ohio you can use what ever you like varmet hunting.

I'm deer hunting with mine next year and I intend to stack them up. Just for testing and evaluation purposes...
@Forrest Halley
You is a funny boy. I feel sorry for the deer. I hope it has a high cap mag you will need it. Remember how may shots it takes you to get one squirrel.
Ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

There is a good thing about the 350 legend, and that is recoil. The kids, ladies and recoil shy can use. Not so much with shot guns or the straight wall 44s and 45s.
Not really as most of them will be trying to sneak in with AR short firearms and not achieving much ballistically in the first place. The recoil shy are ruining the world. Just so we're clear.

I think originally the intent was to limit the power of the rifle and thus the potential range of engagement. What they really should do in require blunt nosed bullets. Flat nosed hollow points or soft point of a specific caliber .35 or greater and then at least you are knocking down the Ballistic Coefficient and also propensity for ricochet and deflection.
You sound like you have been to or hunted the retarded commonwealth of Virginia. You're forgetting that the 14" 12 gauge firearms aren't legal either despite being quite lethal. A pistol must have 350 ft-lbs at the muzzle and .24 caliber, but I can shoot a deer with a .25 ACP with a 16" barrel and a stock.

Not really as most of them will be trying to sneak in with AR short firearms and not achieving much ballistically in the first place. The recoil shy are ruining the world. Just so we're clear.

I think originally the intent was to limit the power of the rifle and thus the potential range of engagement. What they really should do in require blunt nosed bullets. Flat nosed hollow points or soft point of a specific caliber .35 or greater and then at least you are knocking down the Ballistic Coefficient and also propensity for ricochet and deflection.
You sound like you have been to or hunted the retarded commonwealth of Virginia. You're forgetting that the 14" 12 gauge firearms aren't legal either despite being quite lethal. A pistol must have 350 ft-lbs at the muzzle and .24 caliber, but I can shoot a deer with a .25 ACP with a 16" barrel and a stock.
If I could disagree I would, but I can’t.

Just talked to my smith, he said someone in Ohio he built a 444 for ( lot of 4s) is now turning them out. You may have more options. My guy is very good and honest.
@Flewis
Frank the beauty of building a 444 on a No4 action is you have no COAL lenghts to worry about. You don't have to use the shortened cas for the 265ftx as you do in the lever action.. You can also long throat it if you want and use 400gn .430 projectiles and seat them out to get the most out of them. A 400gn 44 cal bullet at 1,700-1,800fps would have some serious penetration and wallop.

Well, now that the Buckhammer is FINALLY here, maybe Savage or Mossberg will make an affordable DR (O/U) with extra barrel sets available? The Buckhammer for up to 200 yards, or the .350 Legend up to 150 yards. Two quick shots and done. Plus, a set of shotgun barrels?

@Flewis
Frank the beauty of building a 444 on a No4 action is you have no COAL lenghts to worry about. You don't have to use the shortened cas for the 265ftx as you do in the lever action.. You can also long throat it if you want and use 400gn .430 projectiles and seat them out to get the most out of them. A 400gn 44 cal bullet at 1,700-1,800fps would have some serious penetration and wallop.
Mine are all single shots, i have 3. I didn’t think about that. Thanks Bob.

Bob, those no4s are hard to find here and Command a big price. I just got a ww2 capture piece that jap marking along with brit standard markings. To bad it has been sportized.

So I was talking with my Navajo buddy today and I brought this cartridge up, he said Buckhammer? Sounds like a drink you would get in a gay Indian bar on the Rez! I almost pissed myself laughing so hard.

Mine are all single shots, i have 3. I didn’t think about that. Thanks Bob.
@Flewis
Frank the single shot has the same advantages. Great idea. How do they handle pressure. My loads are pretty warm but SAFE IN MY RIFLE ONLY. 55gn ADI221 powder behind a 280/300gn may be pushing it in yours
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross