360 Nosler cartridge

Discussion in 'Up To .375' started by bruce moulds, Oct 6, 2018.

1. bruce moulds

bruce moulds AH Elite

just looking through saami cartridge and chamber specs, and saw one, new to me, the 36 nosler.
    can't find any info anywhere about it, including nosler site.
    bruce.

2. AZDAVE

AZDAVE AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
    I checked the other day also, my understanding is that nosler hasn't decided when or if they are going to release it along with the others in their lineup. I also did some research you can get properly head stamped brass from "Quality cartridge" but I have had only one cup of coffee and may have that wrong but someone is doing them. and Pacific tool and gauge has the reamer in stock. PTG could also make a die reamer and it would be easy to open a 33nosler set of dies up to 36 nosler. I have 4-9.3x62's, giving thought to converting one or just building one from scratch????

fsrmg1 likes this.

3. Milehighshooter

Milehighshooter AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Nosler got approval on most every caliber for XX Nosler, without plans of actually producing them. My local Sportsman's Warehouse has 27 Nosler dies on the shelf, doesn't exist in factory rifle form though.

4. AZDAVE

AZDAVE AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
    Yea I talked to nosler help desk folks and they said I could review the approved cartridge drawings at the official SAMI site but didn't know when of if they would produce the brass and rifles. So one of those cart before the horse kinda deals

5. BeeMaa

BeeMaa AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, SCI
    Hunted:
    Eastern US & RSA
    Seems like the range of 9.3 calibers should have the 36 Nosler covered.
    Although I'm sure they will pull a "Roy Weatherby" and make it faster and flatter shooting.
    But at the same cost as the Weatherby's...short barrel life, violent recoil and expensive ammo.