.350 Remington Magnum anyone?

Ive got a Rem 600 in .308 that I absolutely love... would be over the moon if I could find one of the 600's in .350 Rem Mag that doesn't have the rib at a reasonable price.. they are super little carbines!
FYI, the 600s in .350RM all had vented ribs on the barrel (unless modified by the owner).

Sounds like the one you want is the M600’s successor, the model 660.

Will soon have a Remington Model 673 so chambered. Why? Well, for something completely different! Never had one and was looking for something new to fool around with and load for.
The 673 is based on the Model 7 action, with 22" steel ribbed barrel, iron sights, and laminated wood stock. A lot of those around are missing the rear sight because it interferes with longer scopes.
I found one with a scope base and rear sight intact. Due to the short mag length, longer and heavier bullets can be an issue but I have quite a few 225 Sierra's to try in it and if I just have to shoot 250 gr bullets at something, I have a .35 Whelen.
The GB seller says he was having great accuracy with 200 gr Barnes Triple Shocks and TAC powder. The charge he told me sounded insane but the Barnes book says his load is under max. May have to give those a try.
In the meantime I have some TAC and already loaded some rounds, left them a bit long in case the mag box allows over 2.8". Its been around since '65 and is basically the original short magnum.
Biggest problem is the scarcity of affordable Remington brass, though Nosler makes it now also, just expensive. Should be interesting...will post a pic when I get it.
If we are talking about 350 Remington magnum then I have been making my own brass out of 7mm magnum with 100% success as of today 03/13/2023 Alan

What are the steps for making the shorter case?
1/ run the 7mm remington magnum case threw the redding form die , yes its that easy then I have a 2'' chop saw and then chamfer inside and out side then FLS then trim to final OAL its a process but Im not paying $6 for one piece of 350 remington brass The Form die was $55 cheap and the first one I put threw this form die I didnt lube it and it cycled perfect // Lube all my brass after that From what I read the 350 R.M. is no longer made / brass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88ak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,