338 WM Help

Looking for the Leupold DD system. bases #54241, and rings #49915, according to the Leupold web site. Finding any Leupold products that are actually "in stock" up here in Canada is almost impossible.

use 225 gr bullets as a min. the 338 win works really well with heavier bullets 225-250gr. you can shoot 180gr barnes up to 3200 fps! but... still better with the heavier bullets. the 338 is probably the most versatile medium for N.A. you can get. good hunting

The bases and rings should be available from most mail order outlets in the US- don't they send them across the border into Canada?

Very few fireams related goods can be imported into Canada from the U.S, except thru a broker. Guns, optic's and even stocks. Not sure about mounting items, but anywhere i checked does not ship to Canada. Only exception i have found so far is Alaska Arms, and even then it took 8wks for an order to work it's way thru the mailing system.

@Earle, I am guessing DD is dual dovetail. Have you checked Cabelas in Canada. I checked their website and rings are available at some of the locations, but not sure on the bases you need.

Looking for the Leupold DD system. bases #54241, and rings #49915, according to the Leupold web site. Finding any Leupold products that are actually "in stock" up here in Canada is almost impossible.
I know I have a Warne setup, may have Leupold Windage setup but don't have Dual Dovetails

My .338 Win Mag loved the 225 Accubonds and the 250gr Partitions. You don't get a .338 to shoot bullet weights more suited for a .300 Win Mag. Go heavy man, heavvvvyyyy. Put the extra diameter to work for you.

Right now all i have is AA3100, IMR4831, H4831SC, A2700, and H100, so one should do what i want. Problem is, the stars are not aligning. Daytime temps average -15C, the ranges are all closed due to covid, i can't source the rings/bases i want, and the new Leupold scope i bought for the rifle had to go back to the warranty centre. Almost like the gun doesn't want me to use it, LOL.
I have these that I do not need

20201119_152928_copy_991x763.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I use 72.5grs of AA4350 for 225 SSTs - so that would be a good start for 200 Fusions. Should be ok (to your own risk) up to 75grs without much worry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg