Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,NRA
Hunted
namibia,zambia, Zimbabwe,Botswana, South Africa
I have a 375 H&H RSM and I’m trying to install a Trijicon 1x4x24 straight tube scope. I can’t seem to find any rings low enough for the Ruger stock. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

I’ve got the same dilemma… neither Ruger nor Leupold make low rings in 30mm for any rifle that takes the M77 style rings.. the lowest you can go is medium…

If anyone is aware of another manufacturer that makes m77 type rings in 30mm that are low, I’d love to hear about them!

Alaska arms?

I have used Warne Rings on Rugers M77MKIIs and they are ok.

I also like to mount my scopes really low. The problem you may run into is that the bolt hande will be really close or hit the eyepiece on most 30 mm scopes if you did find low rings.

I Don't see where Alaska Arms really lists low, medium or high. But call them.

And I don't remember exactly on the RSM with the quarter rib. But most Rugers require two different higths for the front and rear mounts. So check on that.

most Rugers require two different higths for the front and rear mounts. So check on that.

Yep... this is the case on all of the M77 variants I believe...

Ive got mediums on my M77 FTW.. I could easily go "low" based on the current clearance of the bell to the barrel.. and Im pretty sure low would work ok with the bolt handle as well, although it would certainly be close..

Id be happy to take the risk.. if only someone made low 30mm rings for the freaking M77..

I use EAW pivot mounts from NECG ( New England Custom Gun), not cheap but I like them.
I have them on 4 RSMs

Pat

Alaskan Magnum QD rings - I have a set of 30mm ones for my RSM .416 Rigby that were specifically purchased to run a Trijicon accupoint.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 9.27.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 9.27.10 AM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 79
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 9.27.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 9.27.12 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
Thanks for all the help. The Alaska Arms people are great and produce exactly what’s needed for a lower mounted 30mm scope for a Ruger RSM. I have mine mounted and sighted in and ready to go . Taking off 7/12. Hopefully this latest lockdown won’t affect us

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vilianagmp

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg