Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SA wingshooters, GOSA,
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Botswana
Howsit gents (and ladies)! I was wondering if I could form .308 Norma brass from .300 win mag and or .375 H&H brass? Trying to decide what to invest in...

The easiest brass to use is 338 Win Mag brass, just lube and run through the sizing die. Norma has 308 Norma Mag head stamped brass as well as loaded ammo with 180gr ORYX bullets.
Says it all. I found it easy to get proper brass by Norma btw

I’ve made 308 Norma out of 300 Winchester, lube well run it through tha 308 Norma die and trim. You may want to check neck thickness, but that’s all. I live in Canada and Norma brass is as rare as hens teeth.

I’ve made 308 Norma out of 300 Winchester, lube well run it through tha 308 Norma die and trim. You may want to check neck thickness, but that’s all. I live in Canada and Norma brass is as rare as hens teeth.
@Spooksar In Canada check out tradeexcanada.com for Norma ammo and brass as well as Woodliegh bullets.

@Spooksar In Canada check out tradeexcanada.com for Norma ammo and brass as well as Woodliegh bullets.

Yes they have it now but 10 years ago you couldn’t find any. I use Tradex for Woodliegh bullets all the time.

I am the same as @Pheroze, I had a 30-06 Husqvarna converted to a 308 Norma. I also shoot a 358 Norma Mag and was glad to find ammo in Canada. My 416 Taylor has been a little more difficult, Profit River is the only headstamped brass but 458 Win Mag has kept me in practice ammo. It gives reloading a little more fun!

I am the same as @Pheroze, I had a 30-06 Husqvarna converted to a 308 Norma. I also shoot a 358 Norma Mag and was glad to find ammo in Canada. My 416 Taylor has been a little more difficult, Profit River is the only headstamped brass but 458 Win Mag has kept me in practice ammo. It gives reloading a little more fun!
Summach sports in Alberta brought in brass for my 400 H&H. Check with them for brass for your 416 Taylor.

You should be able to use 7mm rem mag brass also. I have used 308 and run it through the die for 358 win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!