.303 Brit - Status in Africa

Hunter4752001

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
This is more a question out of shear curiosity than of any pressing importance.

I've seen references that a number of African countries prohibit international hunters bringing rifles in "military" calibers. While recognizing the limitations of .303 Brit, I was wondering whether the caliber was old enough to no longer be regarded as a "military" caliber for the purpose of the import restriction?

Hi Hunter
I am not sure about restrictions in African countries, but can only speak on my own experience. I own a dead standard military 303 British rifle, and to be quite onest I would not hesitate to take any African animal except for , elephant,rhino and buffalo.
I generally think alot of hunters me included get caught up way to much with this caliber is far better than another.That being said if you shoot any living animal with poor shot placement , guaranteed death will be far and the animal will suffer.
It seems the new fashion is to hunt at extreme distances...way beyond what I would describe as hunting as there's almost no stalk in the process.

That's just my 5c worth.

Keep safe and healthy.

Regards,

Bosbeer Bekker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois