Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, Wild Sheep Foundation, AFGA
Hunted
Tanzania, Namibia, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Argentina, Canada, USA, Russia
When I decided to build a .30 cal, I wanted to do something a bit different so I decided on a 300H&H, figuring it would compliment my 375 H&H nicely. Well, after a long year, it finally showed up in the mail this week. I haven't shot it yet but hope to get out soon. The paint job was inspired by a kudu hide and goes nicely with the zebra theme on the 375!

13903306_10154925179255400_4922297323282730895_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool, I like it!

Really nice rifle. Hope it meets your expectations.

My friend, that is one cool looking rifle (and that is from one of the old school walnut clan). Love it when artistic flair finds its way into an extremely practical thing like an all-weather rifle. And the 300 H&H is one of the world's truly great calibers. I am bitterly jealous! Who did the work?

Well let's get that pop gun to the range! We need a full report! Bet it's going to be fun to shoot!

It's a Rocky Mountain Rifle from Corlane Sports in Dawson Creek, BC.

M70 action? Can't quite tell, but a beauty. Will you be hand loading for it?

I'm not a fan of painted/camp stocks at all, but dang that looks good!

Congrats and well done on the design.

I will have to make it unanimous! I love that caliber and the rifle is very well done! What will you use it for first?

Awhile back I bought some Rcbs dies and a good amount of new brass for 300 H&H on the discount table at my local reloading/gun shop. Now I just need the rifle. Hoping to come across one someday. Beautiful rifle. Looking forward to the range report :)

And another walnut guy who has to applaud what you have done. An all round great looking package in a classic cartridge.

Really love the finish on this gun!

It's the new CRF action from Defiance. I will eventually be handloading but will break it in with some Hornady Custom ammo. I suspect I may have to watch it make its first kill. Vanessa drew an antelope tag here in Alberta and she figures that would be a great way to break it in.

It's the new CRF action from Defiance. I will eventually be handloading but will break it in with some Hornady Custom ammo. I suspect I may have to watch it make its first kill. Vanessa drew an antelope tag here in Alberta and she figures that would be a great way to break it in.

Keep in touch. I've got two pre-64 M70's in .300H&H and still not have in earnest started load development on them.

Very fine rifle. The Kudo Camo finish is awesome.

Like the rifle and the kudu paint job!

R.

Like many of the others, walnut is king with me, but I like this one!

TJ, I hope it shoots well for you.
Awesome creation.
Don't put it down, you may never find it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,