Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo, South Africa; Omay, Zimbabwe; Czech Republic; Mexico; Texas; New Mexico; Colorado
Actually, it's only 28 days and a wake up when we'll arrive to the sands of the Kalahari with AAA Serapa. I intended to post up 30 days out but work has been wild lately. Looking at the calendar, three of the next four weeks I'm working out to town. I know time will fly by before my wife and I are boarding the flight on Emirates. Good thing we are already 75% packed to go. My world has been chaotic over these past 20 months and a good vacation is just what the doctor ordered.
Here's the agenda- arrive in Joberg June 24 at 5:30 am and travel to the Kalahari to hunt with Jacques and AAA Serapa. I first met Jacques at the AH get together at the DSC in 2016. We briefly talked but I never thought I'd be able to hunt AAA Serapa. Once my wife saw the AAA Serapa booth at the DSC show the next day, all she talked about was the beautiful lodge. I told her if the room comes with the young lady in the bathtub they have advertised in the brochure, I'm in :D I kept in contact with Jacques over the next year and he finally made things possible for my wife and I to come out and enjoy our 10 year wedding anniversary and celebrate my 50th birthday. The Kalahari has been high on my list of places to hunt. Number one priority- track a giant blue eland bull in the sand !! Next on the list are several springboks, black wildebeest, monster gemsbok, and possibly sable.
The second leg of the trip will take us back to Great Land Safari owned and operated by John Henry Keyser. I hunted with Great Land in 2015 and just had to get back. Nestled at the foot of the Waterburg Mountains in the Limpopo region we'll hunt klipspringer, giant impala, bushpig, honey badger or any small predator that comes by and anything else needed to fill out my bag. 55+" kudu are also always in play here and I wont pass that chance should it present itself. I killed a 58 1/2 last trip.
The weather is really starting to heat up here in Texas. We look forward to cooler weather and colder beer ahead !

Good luck on your trip. Looking forward to seeing your picture from the hunt.

Sounds like. A great trip planned!

I've looked at the @AAA Africa Serapa Safaris website , more than once, and it does look like a place that can spoil you in comfort. Looking forward to your report.

Good luck!!

Say hi to Yolande for us! Serapa is a First-Class facility for sure!

Exciting times! Y'all are in for a great trip!

Have a great trip. I know you are just a little south (ok, a lot) of me in South Texas. I hunted west of AAA Serapa in the sand, I thought I was in good shape, I walk 3 to 5 miles every day on a hard surface, the sand is not hard pack, it will whip you. Head to the beach and take some hikes in the blow sand to get in shape.

I was at Serapa last August and hunted cape buffalo. It is a beautiful place. The sand is tough to walk in but not as bad as the place I went to in Namibia. You will have a very good time there.

Enjoy your hunt there!! I’ll be there in mid to late July- can’t wait!!!!!

Wish you the best, I was at Serapa in 2010, the new lodge was nearly completed but not open for business yet. Fantastic place !

Can’t wait to see pictures of your hunt! Have a grand time! It certainly looks like you two are going to be spoiled by the amenities! Enjoy!

Going to be a wonderful trip no doubt. Can’t wait to hear about it and see the pics! Enjoy the time with your bride and congrats on both the 10 year anniversary and the Big FIVE - OH! :eek:
:D

Good luck & safe travels. I know you will have an amazing time with Jacques & @aaaserapa

Enjoy your hunt there!! I’ll be there in mid to late July- can’t wait!!!!!
So I’m new to the forum and trying to plan an Africa hunt and I stumble across dr Nathan box here, who I believe I used to tutor for anatomy in medical school. Drop me a line Nate. I need you to return the favor and tutor me on Africa trips - gmolk

Last edited by a moderator:
So I’m new to the forum and trying to plan an Africa hunt and I stumble across dr Nathan box here, who I believe I used to tutor for anatomy in medical school. Drop me a line Nate. I need you to return the favor and tutor me on Africa trips - gmolk

PM sent to you buddy- can’t believe to hear from you Dr. Gary!

Have a great trip. I know you are just a little south (ok, a lot) of me in South Texas. I hunted west of AAA Serapa in the sand, I thought I was in good shape, I walk 3 to 5 miles every day on a hard surface, the sand is not hard pack, it will whip you. Head to the beach and take some hikes in the blow sand to get in shape.

Dang shame of it all is I'm probably one out of a 100 guys that might have access to training in the sand but between work schedule and life, I just haven't been able to get out but twice to the sand. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmieFletch

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg