Albert GRANT

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Canada, Ireland
Today marks 3 weeks to the day that I will be heading to Africa for the first time! As some of you know I was booked with Wik at @Game 4 Africa Safaris In my first post after making this decision I commented that I hoped booking this year instead of next wouldn't bite me in the backside. Well it did- we have had many unexpected expenses in the 6 months since I booked the hunt including having to replace our only vehicle after many costly repairs to the "old" one ( A 2012 model) It became apparent I was not going to be able to take anything home with me, and the reason I booked with Wik was because he gave me a great deal on a package for most of my top animals. I realized taking those animals and not being able to bring them back would greatly bother me. I asked Wik last week if we could change things up. He told me because of how they do things there wasn't much he could do, but graciously offered to refund the full deposit and hold the package price for 2 years in case I can go back. I took him up on the offer and have nothing bad to say about this outfit in any way. I really want to hunt with them and hope to take advantage of his generosity 2 years from now. As the flights were non refundable, I immediately sent out mass messages to our AH sponsors in the area hoping to get a single response of someone who had an opening. Surprisingly only 4 weeks out I had several responses. Even though I decided not to go with them, I would like to give a special thanks to @KMG Hunting Safaris and @Leopards Valley Safaris for making extra efforts to work me in. In the end I had to choose between Beans at @Tootabi Valley Safaris or Andri at @Andri Fox Safaris , which became a bit awkward when I realized they were not only good friends but neighbors as well. After reading @gizmo report about his time with Andri and a quick call with Andri, I knew he was my choice. He agreed to a lower priced package so I only needed the cash I had already saved up and offered more photo safari time to parks and reserves so I could make the most of my first time in Africa. His main emphasis was that he would make sure I had fun and enjoyed the whole trip. Beans was very helpful and eased my anxiety about having to decide between the 2 of them and I am looking forward to meeting him while there. Completely changing your hunt a month out isn't generally advisable, but I got lucky and in this case it worked out for the best I think. I already have it paid in full now, so no money worries. And though I am excited to hunt the species I will be going after, I have no special feelings towards them, so there will be no pressure to wait for big ones or to make sure I shoot all the package animals. Nor will I be bothered by not bringing anything home. It should be a stress free time now where I can just enjoy being in africa. 3 weeks should go by fast now and I can't wait!!

Exciting stuff, the first time African safari! Best of luck and look forward to the updates/report!

Glad the change worked out!

Have a great time with Andri! You're going to love that area...

Best of luck Albert. You already have a good story posted to start this adventure.

Good luck and enjoy.

I think that is an awesome plan! Glad you were as to get it worked out and very cool of Game 4 Africa as well. So what is on the no pressure, shootem up, hit list?

Thanks, guys. Very much looking forward to it! It looks like I will be after impala, springbok, warthog, and even kudu- which is one of the animals I really wanted but I plan on taking the first decent one I see. Actually hoping to not see a monster. Andri also had plans to do some meat hunts so he said he would just take me out to do it with him. Said we will take what comes out, no limits, so we will see what that leads to!

All the best to you Albert! Looking forward to your report.

Dave

Best of luck on your first hunt!

Andri is a great guy, you're going to have a blast .
Enjoy the eastern cape!
Regards
Dave

This also speaks volumes for @Game 4 Africa Safaris IMO

Also heard nothing but good things about all the outfitters you looked at!

This also speaks volumes for @Game 4 Africa Safaris IMO

Also heard nothing but good things about all the outfitters you looked at!
Same thing I thought. Never would have considered asking for a refund, and would have gone with the original package feeling bad the whole time. Think Wik knew that and wanted to make sure I had a good first trip, so he did what he could.

As for the rest, given the short time frame, I went with only the ones that are popular and have many good reports on here as I didn't have the time to check them out. Turns out it worked pretty well!

Albert I hope you have a great time on your trip! Keep us posted.

Albert I hope you have a great time on your trip! Keep us posted.
Thanks Charlie. I plan on it! I will try to post updates as we go, but will be doing a full report for sure.

Great story. It is great to hear of outfitters that are so willing to help! Although I don't find that willingness to help all that surprising as the help and advice offered to me here on AH has been staggering!

Enjoy your first trip to Africa! Please post a report when you get back. :)

Game 4 Africa sounds like they did the right thing and will make you a future customer. Especially right now with the rand being down on the dollar.

Can't wait to see the hunt report. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Game 4 Africa sounds like they did the right thing and will make you a future customer. Especially right now with the rand being down on the dollar.

Can't wait to see the hunt report. Good luck!
I agree 100%. Wikus always did everything he could to make sure I got what I wanted in the process, never tired of my endless emails, and responded quickly. No one should ever have an issue booking with them.

2 weeks from this moment, wheels up and Africa bound!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg