Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
Wild Deer Association of Ireland
Hunted
South Africa Eastern Cape, Kenya,Namibia, Croatia, Morocco Ireland,Scotland,Czech, Denmark, Romania, Sweden,Norway,Latvia,Germany,Hungary,
A few weeks ago @Frog Morton touched base with me as both she and her brother @Mac Baren were stopping over in Dublin for a couple of days en route to South Africa. They are staying for a week on their way back to do a bit of sightseeing, horse riding and hopefully a bit of fox hunting on horseback. A brave couple !
They landed this morning and I arranged to pick them up this evening for a bite to eat and a couple of pints of ” The Black Stuff” aka Guinness. I wasn’t sure if either of them were cigar smokers but I chose a restaurant where you could smoke. They are few and far between in this town. I was not to be disappointed. A good meal, a few pints and a few stokies were consumed and stories of hunting in Alaska, S Africa, Namibia and various other countries were exchanged.
Strangers with a common bond part as friends. Now if @mdwest had been a bit later on his trip here we’d really have had a party !

9AF39F91-729E-41DE-9563-B8367B640D95.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!

Sounds like you all had a great time sharing your common passion.

A few weeks ago @Frog Morton touched base with me as both she and her brother @Mac Baren were stopping over in Dublin for a couple of days en route to South Africa. They are staying for a week on their way back to do a bit of sightseeing, horse riding and hopefully a bit of fox hunting on horseback. A brave couple !
They landed this morning and I arranged to pick them up this evening for a bite to eat and a couple of pints of ” The Black Stuff” aka Guinness. I wasn’t sure if either of them were cigar smokers but I chose a restaurant where you could smoke. They are few and far between in this town. I was not to be disappointed. A good meal, a few pints and a few stokies were consumed and stories of hunting in Alaska, S Africa, Namibia and various other countries were exchanged.
Strangers with a common bond part as friends. Now if @mdwest had been a bit later on his trip here we’d really have had a party !
Well done! Given my mothers side is McGuire I would have fit right in!!!

Very cool. (y)

Well done! Always very cool when a couple of members get a chance to meet face to face and share a pint..

Hell. Had I known you were a cigar smoker, I would have made a nice little donation to the @Sika98k humidor!

I took 6 very nice, aged (about 10 years) La Palinas with me to Ireland.. and just was never really in a place to enjoy a smoke... It rained on us all week at the lodge and smoking indoors there wasn't an option.. and then once we went touring it really wasn't an option at any of the hotels or the pubs we went to either.. so I ended up putting them back in the humidor when we got home...

Next time we pass through Dublin I'll have to remember this and bring some fine samples of the leaf to share!

@mdwest . Ha ! I’ll hold you to that and we can visit my friends restaurant on the outskirts of town. Please note the sign in the background. There is a canopy over the outdoor area that can be rolled back. It then satisfies the rules for smoking. I had a delicious Macanudo Inspirado. Great full smoke.
@Mac Baren shared a couple of his with me. One of them is going to take a long evening and about a 1/4 of a bottle of Jameson to do it justice.

Its great you could all catch up.

It's great when you meet people you've met through the forum and can catch up over Coffee , Beer or a Guinness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.