28" T/C Encore Endeavor 209x50 Barrel With Ramrod, EZ Out Breach Plug & E-Z Tip Extractor $215

Bule Jagter

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
ZA, USA, (Indonesia, because spearfishing is hunting, also)
I acquired this muzzleloader barrel through Rock Island Auction, as a lot sale. I purchased the lot for one specific item, and based on the amount I paid, I thought I could sell the remaining unneeded items, and end up with a good deal. Unfortunately, Rock Island Auction failed to honestly disclose the condition of this barrel. It was described as "NB-Excellent- Near New Condition" Well, the exterior of this barrel does look very good, but when I removed the breach plug, I could see the barrel had not been cleaned in a long time. I cleaned it, and found it had a lot of rust at the breach end, and a little rust near, the muzzle. I contacted RIA, and they said they would accept a return, however they refused to pay the shipping, and refused to reimburse me for the FFL transfer fees. This meant I would lose $125, and have nothing to show for it. So I decided to keep the lot, and sell everything not needed, as originally planned. As a result, I may not be getting as good a deal as I thought, in the beginning, but it won't be awful.

The great news is: After cleaning the barrel, and removing all the rust, I mounted a scope, took it to a 100 yard range, and sighted it in. It shoots very good groups for a 50 caliber muzzleloader. As you look at the picture of my 100 yard target, you'll see three shots high and right. I'm convinced those were my fault. The other seven shots all felt very good as I pulled the trigger. Those are also the only ten shots I made with the rifle from the 100 yard range. I initially sighted it in from 50 yards with three shots, which were all within 2". I did not take a picture of that target.

I tried my best to take pictures of the inside of the barrel so you can see it's condition. It is mostly bright, with sharp groves, but there is definately a lot of pitting in the area where the black powder/pyrodex is, near the breach. There is also a small amount of pitting near the muzzle, but it's not a lot. Most importantly, it shoots very well, and it is now clean and I believe rust free. I spent a lot of time cleaning it, until no more rust was found on the cleaning swabs. Now it shoots great, but the pitted area will probably make it a bit more difficult to clean after you shoot it.

This is the newest, stainless steel, 28" Encore, Endeavor, 209x50 muzzleloader barrel. It comes with the T/C Power Rod, T-Handle, ramrod, the E-Z Tip Extractor, and the E-Z Tooless Breach Plug Removal. Based on the look of the exterior of the barrel, and the great condition of the ramrod, I'm guessing this barrel was not shot very much at all. I'm asking $215, shipped to the lower 48 states, for the barrel. If you're in AK or HI, let's talk about a fair shipping price. They are difficult to find new, at a decent price. I've seen them advertised from $415 to over $500 plus tax, and shipping. So, even though this barrel has the issue of some pitting, it's much less expensive, and it's still very accurate for a 50 caliber muzzleloader. I'm also going to post an Encore ProHunter Frame for sale, so if you want or need am Encore frame, keep looking at the classified section for it.

1 Used Endeavor Barrel full Length.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6 Endeavor Breach Plug.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.png
15.jpg
16.jpg
10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take it per our phone conversation. Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!