28 Days till wheels up

James Sexton

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
28 days until I leave for my hunt with @KMG Hunting Safaris. Looking so forward to making a 40 year dream come true. What I need from my fellow hunters is step by step instructions for getting through immigration at Johannesburg as this is my first time going through immigration. All help is greatly appreciated. I am overnighting at City Lodge then fly down to Port Elizabeth the next day.

follow the signs and smile when you show them your passport. Takes no time at all once your through the line to get to a window for them to check you through.

enjoy your trip.

It’s really quite easy. The folks at passport control are very business like and will move you through.

Truly, follow the throng.
As bill noted, follow the signs.
or tambo airport jhb.JPG

You will end up in the ques and move back and forth as in any line up.

a78cea7f573842489abccd089ff6f120.jpg

Note the "ALL PASSPORTS" line. That's you.

Have your Passports ready. Both of you can go to the Immigration desk you are directed to by the conductor/staff at the front.
You will have plenty of time to identify the process while you wait in line.

After your passport is stamped GRAB YOUR BAG. Same old, same old.

Then onward to Customs Clearance
Answer the questions and then

Follow the hoards to the Arrivals Lounge.

1229252_full-lnd.jpg

See the doors everyone is facing. That's where you'll come out.

CITY LODGE is attached and a decent stroll.

Enjoy.

I presume that you are not travelling with firearms this trip?
If so, then there is quite a bit extra to do......

28 days until I leave for my hunt with @KMG Hunting Safaris. Looking so forward to making a 40 year dream come true. What I need from my fellow hunters is step by step instructions for getting through immigration at Johannesburg as this is my first time going through immigration. All help is greatly appreciated. I am overnighting at City Lodge then fly down to Port Elizabeth the next day.
ENJOY your first African hunt... wish you all the success.

As others have said, its fairly easy to navigate.

Have a great time living your dream! We look forward to the report!

Thanks everyone for the help. It is very much appreciated. Now the last month of waiting. I’m very much looking forward to my hunt but just as excited to be in Africa seeing the the sights and sounds of Africa. I can remember when I was a 6 year old child seeing Africa on Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom and from that point on has been a dream to visit Africa much less get the opportunity to hunt Africa. It very truly is a dream come true. I’m as excited as I have ever been for this opportunity.

Piece of cake!
Remember arrival will be terminal A. Departure to PE will be domestic flight through terminal B Simple Nice pictures brickburn. KMG was a wise choice, Enjoy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaylonTova

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!