270 winchester bullet performance question 150 partitions and A frames

The 150Gr Nosler Partition (in .270 Winchester) is a solid deer getter. Used it on more than a few whitetail and fallow deer in the US and Australia.

Rocco490.... I agree with bruce, but I've got 20+ years experience loading .270win with every bullet I can get my hands on.

For the 150gr bullets - Great penetration and terminal performance on the 3 bullets you mentioned on deer & hogs; with the deer being whitetail bucks in the 200lbs+ range.

However my own personal favorite for .270win is the 140gr Accubond loaded with Reloader22 powder(0.5gr under max); likewise I also load the 140gr Hornady BTSP with the same charge of RL22 and use it for practice, pigs & culling whitetail.

I mention the 140gr bullets because in my personal opinion they seem to have the best accuracy and on game performance for what I hunt and with the rifles I hunt/shoot with.
I have had real good success with the 140 accubonds with max loads of 760. Tried the 130 core locks performed poorly on 150 pound whitetails and hogs. Also have a 270 wsm which performs great with 150 partitions with reloader 19. The 150 long range accubonds worked well in 270 wsm. Black bears, hogs ,deer, and African plains game including eland fell to the 140 accubonds in my old browning 270.

I'm a big fan of Grand Slams at moderate velocities. I worked up some tack-driving loads for 180 gr for my sons' 308 Wins, MV is a little over 2500. They do very well in our deer woods where shooting distances are often no more than 50 yards.

That's the complicating bit for new hunters/shooters. A 180 gr GS is fine for that environment, but 150 gr GS at 2800-3000 wouldn't be the direction I'd want to go. It'll work, there are just better options.

The .270/150 gr. GS is fine for a woods round at 2800 fps at the muzzle, as well as out to ~ 300 yds on med/large N/A game. (1500 ft-lbs, 6" drop w/ (+/-) 3" MPBR zero)

Got a pile of'em for $0.22/pop.

From there, it's the 140 gr. TSX or 130 gr. Trophy Copper (TTSX-esque)

GR

The 150Gr Nosler Partition (in .270 Winchester) is a solid deer getter. Used it on more than a few whitetail and fallow deer in the US and Australia.
I've used them on a lot of elk (2 or so dozen) and many more deer plus 7 black bears. Never failed me. They expand out to 500 or 600 yards (longest distance I've ever shot game)

I've used the 150g partitions for close to 50 years in my 270. I use Rem brass, Federal 215 (magnum) primers and a lot of H4831 (compressed load). I get just over 3000 fps from my Rem BDL with a 22" barrel. Killed countless deer, dozens of elk and 9 black bears with this load. Expands out to 600 yards and does the job on elk at 15 yards as well. Still shoots nickel sized groups at 100 yards.
i like your kill numbers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross