257 Weatherby Vanguard For Sale

Not so fast…he is talking about Weatherbys vanguard guarantee of 1 MOA regardless of caliber in a good way. I completely understand his post and not in poor form. I owned one in 270 for a number of years and found the same thing with factory ammo. When I started Africa just decided to sell mine to get something else
Like I said above, if "keyhole" is meant to be a good thing than I was wrong. Again I have never seen anything positive about a rifle that Keyholes.

If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, I have never seen anything that said a rifle that Keyholes was a good thing.

Keyhole - The undesirable tendency of a bullet to tip in flight and hit a target sideways, leaving a distinctly oblong hole. This loss of gyroscopic stability is typically caused by a bullet aspect ratio inappropriate for the rate of twist of the rifled barrel, an out-of-balance bullet or its having nicked an impediment such as a twig, in flight.

Like I said above, if "keyhole" is meant to be a good thing than I was wrong. Again I have never seen anything positive about a rifle that Keyholes.

If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, I have never seen anything that said a rifle that Keyholes was a good thing.

Keyhole - The undesirable tendency of a bullet to tip in flight and hit a target sideways, leaving a distinctly oblong hole. This loss of gyroscopic stability is typically caused by a bullet aspect ratio inappropriate for the rate of twist of the rifled barrel, an out-of-balance bullet or its having nicked an impediment such as a twig, in flight.
Ah…thanks for the clarification. Keyhole to a good southern GA boy like me means the holes overlap each other which is a good thing…no harm no foul my friend!

Ah…thanks for the clarification. Keyhole to a good southern GA boy like me means the holes overlap each other which is a good thing…no harm no foul my friend!

That’s what I thought you meant and I certainly understand the confusion. @Inline6 has provided the correct definition of the term.

IME, Vanguards (made by Howa) are more accurate than Mark V's and are much cheaper.

I have a 7mm Remington and a .300 Winchester Magnum Vanguard (Deluxe), and they are both very accurate.

I have 2 Mark V's - one WAS a .300 Weatherby Magnum, that was never accurate. After spending way too much money on trying to make it accurate, I had a gunsmith put on a new barrel and chamber it for .257 WBY Mag. - it now may be the most accurate rifle that I own.

The other is an American-made .300 Weatherby and shoots fine.

A friend had 2 - Mark V "Accumarks" - neither were very accurate. He sold them.
I have a 240 WM Accumark that is extremely accurate out to 388 yds so far. But I did the barrel break in that they recommend including the copper removal.Also My Vanguard 30/06 is also an extremely accurate rifle that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for the best affordable rifle out there.

@Rob404 Good luck with the sale of your rifle!

My Vanguard is one of two rifles that I won't part with because of its accuracy in shooting overlapping shots at the range. Rob404's Vanguard is a fantastic value and should make a new owner smile at the range! Enjoy the bump to the top, again!

Happy holidays and best wishes to the AH community!

Still for Sale

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!