Mark Biggerstaff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I am less than 24 hours now till depart Houston for Atlanta for my first safari. Will be on Delta 200 June 6th flight to Johannesburg. Hunting 7 days with Gerrit at Bos En Dal!! I still cant believe I am actually going after quite a few health set backs since January when all the planning started. I will be traveling by myself so I am a little nervous and excited both. I would like to thank all of you on AH for all you help and advise you have given me. Without AH and all the threads I have read over and over I don’t think I would be this prepared.

I am less than 24 hours now till depart Houston for Atlanta for my first safari. Will be on Delta 200 June 6th flight to Johannesburg. Hunting 7 days with Gerrit at Bos En Dal!! I still cant believe I am actually going after quite a few health set backs since January when all the planning started. I will be traveling by myself so I am a little nervous and excited both. I would like to thank all of you on AH for all you help and advise you have given me. Without AH and all the threads I have read over and over I don’t think I would be this prepared.

Have a great trip sir! Looking forward to the hunt report!

Safe travels and good luck! Can't wait for the report!!

Trust your preparation.
Handle what comes and roll with it. Enjoy yourself at every turn and take lots of pictures.

Exciting times!! Safe travels and have a great time! We look forward to the report!

Good luck, safe travels and shoot straight.

have fun, it is quite the adventure and look forward to reading the report

Can't remember who said this " the only man I envy is the one going on his first Safari". Take the time to enjoy, there is nothing like the first time.

Good luck and enjoy each second. Then start planning your return. :) LOL

Take a breath, take loads of pictures!! Enjoy your time!!!!

I just got back from my first trip last week. Relax and have a great time, the travel over and back is no fun, but it is an experience you will never forget. Take a ton of pictures.

Thanks guys for all the encouragement. At 54 and havent flown in 20 plus years this is going to be an adventure. The last time I was out of Texas was in 1997 when I went to Alaska.

youre in for a wonderful time @Mark Biggerstaff .. All the worry, contemplation, planning, and preparation is over... all that is left now is adventure, great hunting, and laughs around the campfire..

looking forward to your report after you get back home! (youre going to decide by day 3 that you dont want to go back home and are going to start scheming on how to stay longer.. I'll bet my next paycheck.. :) )...

Trust your preparation.
Handle what comes and roll with it. Enjoy yourself at every turn and take lots of pictures.
+1
Go ahead and start planning your 2nd trip! You’ll be addicted!
You’re going to have a GRAND time!

Thanks guys. Made it to Houston and checked in. Lady had me open gun case and put unloaded card in. Didnt look even to see if unloaded. Said she couldnt hurt an animal and didnt believe in hunting. Just hope they make it to JoBerg now. Had me wait and guy came and gave me all clear on my bags. TSA full body scanner didnt like me. They pulled me aside for full pat down and residue swabbed my hands. Made it thru tho and waiting on flight to board

............. Lady had me open gun case and put unloaded card in. Didnt look even to see if unloaded. Said she couldnt hurt an animal and didnt believe in hunting. .......

As she ate her burger for lunch. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg