2022 Year End Summary of Broadhead Tests

Very nice. You can evaluate what you think is most important. After 31 years in this industry, I would put more than 20% value on penetration. I would double it’s value for mule deer and triple its value for elk, moose, brown/grizzly bear and most African game. I want both lungs and fixed blade for anything larger than a whitetail. I’ve seen too many elk get away with only one lung deflated by big-opening mechanicals that don’t penetrate.
:A Coffee:

Check it out!

2022 YEAR END SUMMARY & BROADHEAD TEST SCORES with Spreadsheet

Moving to Melissa?

I’m out that way almost weekly (we shoot at a shotgun range just down the road in Leonard)…

When you get to DFW, shoot me a PM… coffee is on me!

This is related to my goals this year….to dial down and be a better than a 15 yd over a feeder bow hunter.

After 31 years in this industry, I would put more than 20% value on penetration. I would double it’s value for mule deer and triple its value for elk, moose, brown/grizzly bear and most African game. I want both lungs and fixed blade for anything larger than a whitetail. I’ve seen too many elk get away with only one lung deflated by big-opening mechanicals that don’t penetrate.

Absolutely agree! I personally place about 80% on penetration ability and 20% on durability which are not mutually exclusive characteristics when it comes to broadhead design.

An old meme but a good one.. LOL

Rage Broadheads.jpg

Absolutely agree! I personally place about 80% on penetration ability and 20% on durability which are not mutually exclusive characteristics when it comes to broadhead design.

An old meme but a good one.. LOL

View attachment 512291
Absolutely. I prefer a fixed two blade and a heavy arrow. Incredibly deadly. I hate Rage. Caused us lots of problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you