Hunted
USA, RSA, Zambia
This years deer. No fence. 133 3/8, 140lbs
Image1670375053.550876.jpg

Looking forward to see others photos.

WELL DONE. CONGRATS

Congrats.

Great buck @wesheltonj !

Friend's place about an hour west of Austin. He loves his whitetail. But the axis? Not so much. Late September. Bradshaw 7x65R Single.

Axis.jpg

What do you age him as?

I did not look at his teeth, but if I had to guess 5 or 6. There’s a almost identical deer that goes to my other feeder, I thought it was the same deer making the rounds, but he was on my camera feed today. He will be next year’s deer, if my neighbors or poachers don’t shoot him. I think I have this guys father on my wall. I am not really looking for the biggest rack, (although it’s nice) looking for the best body deer. I thought 140 pounds was very good for the drought we had this year, the horns did not have very good mass.

Just 2 does for the freezer so far this year… but I’m hoping to make it back into the woods at least one more time before the season is over… we’ll see what happens…

Best 2 bucks taken so far on our place near Coleman TX. Would like to see more 5-6 year old deer but it’s hard with low fences and neighbors…

C93EAFEC-CECC-4C40-9E93-71C1CACF953D.jpeg
B852AC03-7755-41B4-8E16-430B09D56FB6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a very nice Axis, congratulations. And much better eating then a White-tail.
Free range animal so not the mass one sees behind the fences. But like your wonderful buck - not a Frankendeer genetic creation either.

And yes. The venison is not comparable.

Have a freak deer using the feeder here on the place. Relatively small body and antlers almost like a big roe deer. Bunches of points. Night creature and very camera shy as well.

Sadly, the best photo.

deer8.JPG

Last edited:
My neighbor, a disabled Army veteran, took this mule deer buck last week on private property in Eastern Colorado next to the Kansas border. He also found these fully formed antlers and partial skull from a jackalope in the grass where he was hunting. Although not exactly a "smoking gun", it leads us to believe that jackalope ARE REAL as no deer could be this small. LOL

B9BB102A-2639-4F8C-88BF-B3C8A2BABBF4.jpeg
6C8AFA1B-DB17-4768-B77B-71520AC0FCA3.jpeg
9A62D56F-2497-4FE2-906D-504CA0731F25.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted elsewhere but you guys have inspired me! AZ Coues.

Image1670388482.647505.jpg

I did not look at his teeth, but if I had to guess 5 or 6. There’s a almost identical deer that goes to my other feeder, I thought it was the same deer making the rounds, but he was on my camera feed today. He will be next year’s deer, if my neighbors or poachers don’t shoot him. I think I have this guys father on my wall. I am not really looking for the biggest rack, (although it’s nice) looking for the best body deer. I thought 140 pounds was very good for the drought we had this year, the horns did not have very good mass.
See the same thing here too. We had almost 9 months of no measurable rain. Then in typical fashion it flooded, we keep the feeders going year round. I have never been able to get them to eat protein, for whatever reason they leave it alone. I put my niece on this guy, unfortunately she missed. I was worried she may have hit him a little far back. Have pictures of him at the feeder about a week later. So the good news she can try him again.

Screenshot_20221207_002857_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221207_002808_Gallery.jpg

I shot:
- one roe buck, 2-3 yrs old
-one chamois buck, 3 yrs old
I assessed the age but it has to be declared at the official and compulsory trophy show.

I apologize to webmaster and colleagues.
This message has to be posted in the European sector. I would be grateful to the webmaster for moving it to the proper place.

Posted already elsewhere but hope it's OK to add my buck to the list. I shot him this week on our property. Not a monster, but I haven't taken a buck for 10 years so I'm pleased. I have let countless little bucks walk in that time, some bigger than this one, and I decided to cut loose and live a little lol.
IMG_20221204_160847.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross