AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa,Zimbabwe, Canada USA
After too long a wait and not a little frustration, I have finally gotten my trophies from my 2019 safari with @KMG Hunting Safaris . The hunt was amazing, of course, and I will always treasure the memories, but I must admit, I'm disappointed with my taxidermist. the Eland and bushbuck are fine, but the zebra is not what I asked for. In any case they are in their temporary home, until I build the house and trophy room next year.
20220118_192542.jpg
20220118_192608.jpg
20220118_192658.jpg

So many horror stories, sorry to hear. Care to elaborate on what's wrong with your zebra?

As a layperson they seem fine on the photos.

Hi Mike,
What seems to be the problem? You are welcome to send me an email if you need some action from this side. Always happy to bust some skulls for my guys. Let me know what it is that you need done.

@KMG Hunting Safaris ,Hi Marius! No issues from your side of the world. the hunt, dip pack,and work done by Hunters and Collectors was outstanding and I will do it again sometime.
I requested a chess piece, and sent several photos as examples, of the zebra. I got a standard pedestal mount.

@KMG Hunting Safaris ,Hi Marius! No issues from your side of the world. the hunt, dip pack,and work done by Hunters and Collectors was outstanding and I will do it again sometime.
I requested a chess piece, and sent several photos as examples, of the zebra. I got a standard pedestal mount.
Hi Mike,
Sorry to hear that. Had to go through my notes to see if you had the work done in country or dipped and packed. Was about to burn down a warehouse if the work was done here :LOL:

Not sure if you want to or feel comfortable disclosing the name of the taxidermist or if you want to give them a chance to rectify their error first.
Apart from the mounting error, personally, I thought the work looked decent. Difficult to only judge off photos but the faces looked accurate. What are your thoughts seeing them in front of you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.