2017 THANKSGIVING - November 23 - Kowas Hunting Safaris

Thanksgiving 2017 - Be Blessed

IMG_20171122_212357.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My parents are here from Indiana. My daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter are flying in from Phoenix tonight and my friends Ed and Joe are bringing their daughters. It's going to be wonderful to have them all together. My parents are aging so they are very excited about seeing their great granddaughter. I recently bought an antique table with leaves that gives me 10.5 feet of flexibility if I need it. I like Thanksgiving so much more than Christmas.
I'm cooking everything (almost). I ordered a smoked turkey from Famous Dave's BBQ that will just need to be reheated tomorrow. Tonight, I'm going to make the pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce. I'll also prep the macaroni & cheese so I only need to top with panko and some additional cheddar and bake it tomorrow. I primarily use Food Network recipes so I'm also making the Tricia Yearwood Sausage & Cheddar biscuits and the Anne Burrell Cornbread Sage Sausage stuffing. The Mac & Cheese, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce are all Alton Brown recipes. I love to cook. I never said that I had the natural talent of a cooking BadAss like my beloved late wife.
I pray that this Thanksgiving brings peace and happiness to all of you, no matter where you are in the world. Be kind. Be safe. Be strong.

Last edited:
My parents are here from Indiana. My daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter are flying in from Phoenix tonight and my friends Ed and Joe are bringing their daughters. It's going to be wonderful to have them all together. My parents are aging so they are very excited about seeing their great granddaughter. I recently bought an antique table with leaves that gives me 10.5 feet of flexibility if I need it. I like Thanksgiving so much more than Christmas.
I'm cooking everything (almost). I ordered a smoked turkey from Famous Dave's BBQ that will just need to be reheated tomorrow. Tonight, I'm going to make the pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce. I'll also prep the macaroni & cheese so I only need to top with panko and some additional cheddar and bake it tomorrow. I primarily use Food Network recipes so I'm also making the Tricia Yearwood Sausage & Cheddar biscuits and the Anne Burrell Cornbread Sage Sausage stuffing. The Mac & Cheese, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce are all Alton Brown recipes. I love to cook. I never said that I had the natural talent of a cooking BadAss like my beloved late wife.
I pray that this Thanksgiving brings peace and happiness to all of you, no matter where you are in the world. Be kind. Be safe. Be strong.
Mmmm! That sounds delicious! So what time are we suppose to be there for dinner;)?
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

To me Thanksgiving is is time to share with family and friends until about 5 years ago we would all meet at my grandparents house for dinner. But with both of them in their eighties and the addition of great and great great grandchildren the house was to small so we moved it to the social hall at our local volunteer fire this year we had over 75 people mostly family members some people from our local community who have no family locally. My wife, mother, and two aunts provide turkey dressing and potatoes every one else brings sides. We had enough food we could have feed 150. But it’s not about the food it’s the time spent with the people you love as I looked around I saw no less than 6 people over 80, four who have beaten cancer a Vietnam vet who is fighting kidney disease and at the he same time is enrolled in classes to become a preacher. The first year we did this the older folks weren’t sure they liked the idea now they love it they get a good 6 hours of talking and visiting without having to do all the work.
As I reflect on what Thanksgiving means to me it is giving thanks to the Lord for all the blessings we have received over the last year and also for the blessings we will receive in the coming years. May God bless you all in the coming year.
Shawn

To me Thanksgiving is is time to share with family and friends until about 5 years ago we would all meet at my grandparents house for dinner. But with both of them in their eighties and the addition of great and great great grandchildren the house was to small so we moved it to the social hall at our local volunteer fire this year we had over 75 people mostly family members some people from our local community who have no family locally. My wife, mother, and two aunts provide turkey dressing and potatoes every one else brings sides. We had enough food we could have feed 150. But it’s not about the food it’s the time spent with the people you love as I looked around I saw no less than 6 people over 80, four who have beaten cancer a Vietnam vet who is fighting kidney disease and at the he same time is enrolled in classes to become a preacher. The first year we did this the older folks weren’t sure they liked the idea now they love it they get a good 6 hours of talking and visiting without having to do all the work.
As I reflect on what Thanksgiving means to me it is giving thanks to the Lord for all the blessings we have received over the last year and also for the blessings we will receive in the coming years. May God bless you all in the coming year.
Shawn
Shawn.54 that sounds like an outstanding Thanksgiving!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathi6164

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.