Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Well I ain't elk hunting in Arizona this year! :mad: Two years in a row we've not drawn and I think that's bull :A Shit:. Oh well, if you applied and you have a personal account on the AZGFD website, you can see if you've drawn a tag.

I just did bonus point for both in Az this year again for me and Dakota both. Hope to start trying to draw a tag in the next few years as we have 7 points now for each. Still hope to draw new mexico tags for both animals.

I just did bonus point for both in Az this year again for me and Dakota both. Hope to start trying to draw a tag in the next few years as we have 7 points now for each. Still hope to draw new mexico tags for both animals.

It would depend on the unit but you're in the running for elk. If you scored antelope with 7, you'd better buy a Powerball ticket too as you're luck will never be running better.

It took me 9 years to get drawn for a unit 27 Rifle tag. That was 2005. 2009 I drew a November archery bull tag. Right now I am building points.

Yes speed goat a long shot but with the new draw rules there is always a chance. Some non res drew unit 10 goat second year he said. I have just been buying points with the new rules I will start trying to draw each year now and HOPE a lot. If I would draw then go and get power ball tickets right away to.

Hope you guys get a tag someday!

@billc When I looked at the high impact of the tough winter on pronghorns in Wyoming, my brother and I decided there wasn't much point in my applying even with 3 preference points. So, I'll buy another point this year and see how next year looks. Just got an offer from a friend to go exterminate some hogs on their property in east Texas. So, might need to try to figure that out for this year.

No Bueno do me either!

Western WY had a rough winter. Eastern was harder than the last several yrs. Right now our antelope are in pretty decent shape. Lot depends on spring blizzards over the next month.... Bruce

I just got a call from my huntin buddy in AZ, looks like I will be calling elk for him in unit 27 archery September 15th. I love that unit, potential for 400 class bulls every year. Hope to have elk tag for other side of the fence in New Mexico also. At least I get to play the game!

@billc When I looked at the high impact of the tough winter on pronghorns in Wyoming, my brother and I decided there wasn't much point in my applying even with 3 preference points. So, I'll buy another point this year and see how next year looks. Just got an offer from a friend to go exterminate some hogs on their property in east Texas. So, might need to try to figure that out for this year.

Did not realize the winter was that bad in Wyoming. I think your back up plan should be fun to taking out some pigs.

Bullthrower 338 You do realize even though it is not your hunt pictures will be in order if you call a bull in for your friend. Good luck drawing the new mexico tag

Bill,
You bet I will, we have been waiting for this tag a long time. I am more excited about it than my buddy is! There isn't anything that I love more than the sound of a bull bugling, getting closer and watching him go insane looking for someone's ass to kick! It is my drug of choice.
Cheers,
Cody

Bill,
You bet I will, we have been waiting for this tag a long time. I am more excited about it than my buddy is! There isn't anything that I love more than the sound of a bull bugling, getting closer and watching him go insane looking for someone's ass to kick! It is my drug of choice.
Cheers,
Cody

I hear you there buddy as there is nothing like bugling bulls to get the heart going. Unit 27 is on my short list so I will be watching how you make out. I may go for a lesser known unit though since I am getting sick of building points really.

I drew that unit 27 tag with 11 points. 9 bonus points. 1 loyalty point, and 1 hunter's ed point.

I have never been very lucky in draws.

I hear you there buddy as there is nothing like bugling bulls to get the heart going. Unit 27 is on my short list so I will be watching how you make out. I may go for a lesser known unit though since I am getting sick of building points really.
I know the unit very well, it is worth holding out for! Unit 1 would be my next choice. I would consider giving a kidney for either tag though!lol

I got a ton of points, I'm just afraid to burn them on archery hunt. I'm thinking of going for broke and hold out for something better.

I got a ton of points, I'm just afraid to burn them on archery hunt. I'm thinking of going for broke and hold out for something better.
Only better hunt than the archery hunts are the rifle trophy hunts during bugle season, 25 tags I believe. I refer to that as Willie Wonka's golden ticket. I know 1 person who has drawn one of them and it was a guys wife who drew with no points! There could be 26 people in the draw and I still would be unsuccessful! Lol

After living in Germany for 5 years and hunting all over Europe I have to say the way big game hunting here is managed is totally asinine. Waiting 9 years for the just the chance to hunt, that is nuts.......

That's the way it is, when you have limited permits, and thousands of hunters trying to get one.

After living in Germany for 5 years and hunting all over Europe I have to say the way big game hunting here is managed is totally asinine. Waiting 9 years for the just the chance to hunt, that is nuts.......
Mark,
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, there are many places here in the west that 9 years is a short wait. I have applied for bighorn sheep for over 30 years and have never drawn a tag, I apply in almost every state that has sheep. Premium deer and elk tags, unless you have unlimited funds to buy them at auction, your odds are about as good as getting an audience with the pope. But, I keep sending my money in every year and preying.
Cheers,
Cody

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdrieneRun

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois