2015 Build on a Classic Calibre 318WR

Odinsraven

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Membe,Icelandic Hunting Club SKOTVIS , BASC (UK) Countryside Alliance (UK)r
Hunted
UK ,Ireland, Bulgaria,Iceland,Czech Republic
Hi Guys need your help !

I had a couple of beers too many last night and dropped the hammer on the purchase of a 116 Savage Weather Warrior in 3006 !

The Plan - A modern 318 WR ......... Sure Savage rifles you can change barrels easily .........

However a quick browse of the internet I have not been able to find anyone who makes savage barrels in 318 WR ..

Anyone have any ideas !

This project started with the crazy idea of adding a third 318 WR to the collection , I have a german double , a WR Bolt rifle - A modern plastic and shiny stainless 318WR !

Lothar Walther.
All my rifles get L/W barrels. You can't go wrong.
http://www.lothar-walther.com/359.php
You will need to buy a special order blank from Germany and have your gunsmith turn it to fit the savage.
Easiest (cheapest) way is to buy a special order pre-chambered L/W barrel and fit it to a M-98. There are lots of old Parker Hale or old custom project M-98's out there that just need a new barrel and a clean up. Hey presto ! classis .318WR.

You Might try Apache Arms Great barrels in either grey or Stainless and his prices and turn around time are excellent,He's done a 7mm-08 and a 338-06 for my Savages

It might be cheaper to order and buy a reamer and rifling button and get a barrel maker to put together exactly what you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenniferlaw003

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg