Reaction score
Website
www.kwalata.com
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Life Member, PHASA, IPHA, DSC Life Member.
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
Guys, just returned, from the annual PHASA convention and first of all I would like to encourage South African ph's and outfitters that aren't members to join we are moving in an exciting new direction, and as an organisation representing professionals in our industry, I feel that all active guides and operators should join and be active in this field.

We are bound by regulation and it is our responsibility, to promote ethical and sustainable hunting methods, secondly I would encourage prospective clients to enquire whether or not potential outfitters and guides are members of PHASA through PHASA ITSELF, this provides an additional safety net if you will for potential clients.

For the longest time we as ph's and outfitters have been asking what PHASA does for us and trying to find and argue and find reasons to join of what I feel should be a no brainer, put it like this.

FIND A VALUD REASON NOT TO BE PART OF PHASA INSTEAD OF THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

My best always

For sure, Jaco, it's always good to have these guys behind you for that day when you need a 'big brother'.

Nice one Jaco! I am sorry that I could not be there. They are the first organisation that I renew my membership to, every year. They do GREAT work.

Spike, I will be working from our booking agents booth TREK SAFARIS, I will contact Milton today to confirm the booth number... Marius and Doc great!!! I think they should host it in the EC next year I need a beach holiday!!!!!! Cannon Rocks seems perfect right now... :)

My best to you and yours

Spike, I will be working from our booking agents booth TREK SAFARIS, I will contact Milton today to confirm the booth number... Marius and Doc great!!! I think they should host it in the EC next year I need a beach holiday!!!!!! Cannon Rocks seems perfect right now... :)

My best to you and yours

ok jaco will look it up

Professional association membership was certainly a strong consideration in my booking considerations.
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, etc.

So, what new directions is PHASA on to Jaco?

BRICKBURN honestly there is to much to mention.....,

But scraping the surface positives are a two tier membership that has been introduced, for the longest time PH's have felt like outsiders in PHASA, as many guys especially the youngsters felt that PHASA was an outfitter driven association.

However a big drive was started amongst outfitters to bring their PH's along, these guys all had a chance to raise their concerns, and it was quite clear that the membership fees amongst others for PH's was a bit above what some of the guys could scratch up.

The new two tier allows PH's to join for less than half of what an outfitter would pay, a good step in a positive direction to say the least, this will allow new blood into PHASA and will ensure its continued contributions to the Professional hunters and outfitters and the industry for years to come.

PHASA has also apointed a lion task team to look at Lion hunting in SA this is an urgent matter.........., We are also on the verge of making a major break through which will make PHASA the only recognized association for professionals in our industry, this will allow PHASA to work with government on the norms and standards when the current PH training system comes under review, which it will.... as it already is, (finer detail on this we will have to wait for.) A one year full time course seems to be the direction with apprecticeships....

Our close relationship with DSC and our new one with SCI is extremely exciting, Donations came under major discussion with SCI,.. as we as PHASA members feel that the number and current donation system is doing the industry no favours and only lowering the price and inherintly the quality of the products that we offer to our clients.

South African outfitters are under selling their product as it is worth allot more than what the market is currently set at, a major contributor to this as I have mentioned ...... DONATIONS, SCI chapters are major culprits....

Interestingly enough 80% of complaints received by PHASA was directly related to donations, (clearly not the way forward)

I would love to pass along a complete annual report but I believe that your eyes will start to bleed from all the reading,I would like to say again guys that are not members should join there are major drives with SCI and DSC as well as FNAWS, and also with government don not be left behind.

My best always.

Hey Jaco,

I missed it this year due to some unforseen circumstances but will defnitely be there next year! I am glad that PH's will be able to join now for less as it was a little expensive for PH's. We will have to get together so you can tell me more on what was said on the donation saga as I would love to know. I tried to buy the Reno booth but it went a little out of my budget! lol

Hope all is well with you boet and see you in Dallas!

Jacques, No problem boet, I'll see you there, IMO it was a little rough for 1 year in SCI, if it was a lifetime deal it would have been worth it, maybe.

My best always.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubcasa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross