2 New builds in progress custom M98's

I finished the 7x57 earlier in the week. In detail again, I made the action from bar stock and it's a small ring intermediate M98. The receiver is 4140 cm steel at 38 rc and the bolt is case hardened 8620 so it's hard, slick and fast cycling. Bottom metal came from A36 bar stock. Barrel is a K&P cut rifled barrel 1-8 twist. All stock work as well as 24 lpi wrap checkering by me as well, I also did all the polish work on the metal as well as the rust blue. The 6.5 x 57 is still in the works but is progressing nicely and will be completed in next few months. I'm giving consideration to learning some engraving for future rifles so We'll see if I can make that happen, i see it as the final hurdle in my gun making. Attached are some pics. Of the completed 7x57, as always thanks for looking in.

IMG_20200506_1756346_rewind.jpg
IMG_20200506_1800517_rewind.jpg
IMG_20200506_1806451_rewind.jpg
IMG_20200506_1552247_rewind.jpg

The wood is stunning thanks for the Pics

That is a beautiful rifle. Congratulations on your talent.
Any hunter would be proud to take that beautiful gun out and hunt with it.
Although I suspect many animals would go unnoticed because they would be staring at the rifle......

Very nice work Stuart!

A beautiful rifle Stuart, you have a wonderful gift, truly amazing.

Very nice work

Thanks guys, I just keep chipping away at it. Eventually I finish each one out. It's gratifying work.

Always a pleasure to see your work Stuart. It shows us that dabble a little in the art just how far we ( I ) have to go

Really beautiful - lucky client!

Absolutely beautiful work, thanks for sharing your work, the grain in those stocks is spectacular

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross