Albert GRANT

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Canada, Ireland
Official 2 months to the day I will be flying out to see africa for the first time! 4 months have already zipped by so 2 more should go quick, but it still seems so far away. Can't wait to get there, but I know it will go by far too quickly when I do.

Good for you Albert. Pack! Unpack! Pack! Unpack! And spend some time at the range!
60 days will go fast!
Good luck on your hunt.

I do envy the situation you're in. No doubt anticipation will build with each passing day. Enjoy it. Good luck Albert.

The short wait will go fast now. You will have a great trip and then the real wait starts trying to get back. LOL Looking forward to seeing how your hunt goes and what you end up with.

Exciting times! Cant wait to hear how it goes

Good for you Albert. Pack! Unpack! Pack! Unpack! And spend some time at the range!
60 days will go fast!
Good luck on your hunt.
Charlie,
I have been shooting off sticks every week for a couple months now. The next few weeks will all be at 200yds. The last 3 or so I will try to find a place to shoot 300. First 200yds session ever off sticks went much better than expected

The wait should before you can blink, just spend your time on the range and time will fly by.
Best of luck on your upcoming hunt and would like to see some feedback.

Charlie,
I have been shooting off sticks every week for a couple months now. The next few weeks will all be at 200yds. The last 3 or so I will try to find a place to shoot 300. First 200yds session ever off sticks went much better than expected

Keep at the practice Albert. It makes the time go fast! Where will you be hunting?

So whats on the hit list? You are going to have a great time.

I will be hunting in the eastern cape with Game 4 Africa safaris. Animals in the package are kudu, nyala, bushbuck, waterbuck and impala. Will definitely be doing a report when I get back.

2016-06-29 10.21.08.jpg
Well it's not going to win any competitions but I'm happy with it. This is the third time I have shot a borrowed RH bolt at 200 yds off sticks. I'm a lefty. For what I'm shooting I think it's pretty good, and it should take any animal I would be aiming at at that distance. Need to settle down a bit and tighten up those ones in the white, but I didn't pull any this time atleast! I think it can only be better with the sako/ swarovski combo I'm using in Africa anyway. These are the details of what I'm shooting:
Mossberg ATR .308 with suppressor- no other mods
Cabelas Pine ridge 2-7x32 scope
Wolf steel case 147gr ammo
Home made tripod sticks using maple saplings and hemp twine

That's great Albert, I can't wait to read that hunting report and I'm certain you will have a blast....several if the shooting is good! ;)
Even if things don't go as planned, I will have an awesome time. Just being in Africa and seeing the animals, people, culture, etc will be awesome, taking trophies is just the icing on the cake! Makes it easier that the outfit is so confident of getting the animals they are refunding FULL trophy fee on any animals not taken in the DISCOUNTED package I got!!

Wow, that's a good deal to get a full trophy refund and not a partial refund based on a package deal! Again, best of luck on your hunt and look forward to the report!

And yes 200 yards off sticks that is pretty good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois