2 Hunters from British Columbia

Rookie Hunter

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Thank you for having us. Kelly and I are two new hunters from Canada and we're joining a few forums from around the globe in an effort to learn more about the sport. We're both very excited to explore this forum!

We're documenting our journey as new hunters in the form of a podcast which can be found on iTunes from this link: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-rookie-hunter/id1091008357?mt=2

Check it out and let us know what you think.

We're looking forward to getting to know some of you and learning new tips from international hunters.

Cheers,
Mike

Welcome to the forum, enjoy the adventures!

To my neighbors to the West ....... Welcome to AH !
Glen (Ontario )

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome to AH Mike!

To end up with excellent meat when you head out Black Bear hunting ensure that you are in a wild area and the bears are not dump or garbage bears.
Bear meat is excellent unless you get a "garbage" bear.

I wish you luck in your hunting ventures as you continue to learn.

Welcome to AH.

To end up with excellent meat when you head out Black Bear hunting ensure that you are in a wild area and the bears are not dump or garbage bears.
Bear meat is excellent unless you get a "garbage" bear.

I wish you luck in your hunting ventures as you continue to learn.

Welcome to AH.
Thanks, BRICKBURN! We're going to get as far away from civilization as we possible can for that very reason. Black bear meat has an interesting reputation, but I think people have just ended up with bear meat from animal that has had a poor diet. Great point! We'll keep you posted on our black bear journey.

Thanks, BRICKBURN! We're going to get as far away from civilization as we possible can for that very reason. Black bear meat has an interesting reputation, but I think people have just ended up with bear meat from animal that has had a poor diet. Great point! We'll keep you posted on our black bear journey.

Ensure you cool it quickly and keep it clean. I look forward to hearing about your Bear hunt.

FYI, by the way African Lion is edible! :)

Keep researching. This is a good place to learn about hunting as a conservation tool in Africa.

Ensure you cool it quickly and keep it clean. I look forward to hearing about your Bear hunt.

FYI, by the way African Lion is edible! :)

Keep researching. This is a good place to learn about hunting as a conservation tool in Africa.

This is why I love these forums! I'll mention that lion correction on the next episode. We get a lot of misinformation over here regarding hunting in Africa and I hope to clear some of that up by doing more research on AH. Good stuff! Thanks again!

You know that Whitetail gut pile that disappeared a week later (likely over night)

This will show you how an Elephant disappears:
http://www.africahunting.com/thread...enture-hunt-for-buffalo-elephant.18346/page-4

This was the "meat" being smoked in the camp where I was hunting in Mozambique. Nothing goes to waste.
img_9071-jpg.47801

img_9070-jpg.47800

The hind quarter of this Leopard left on a Motorcycle in the morning with the local Police officer for his table.
skinning-0329-jpeg.48947

Attachments

• IMG_9070.jpg
    IMG_9070.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 88
  • skinning 0329.jpeg
    skinning 0329.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_9071.jpg
    IMG_9071.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 109
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH sir!

Very interesting photo Brickburn!

Welcome to AH Mike. This site is very informative if you are planning on hunting in Africa. From time to time there is some discussion on hunting the Northwest. There is a lot of experience lingering in the various discussions and forums. If you have a question that has not been discussed previously post it and you will generally receive several replies.

Welcome to AH Mike!

Welcome to AH, Mike !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeniseDapl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross