Articles
Hunted
TANZANIA..ZIM..BOTSWANA....NAMBIA
Have these 2 Nice Belgium Barrels for 3" Magnum A5... Auto 5
30" Vent Rib Full Choke $375 SHPD
32" Plain Barrel Full Choke (Rare) $375 SHPD
Screenshot_20230605_165548_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230605_165610_Chrome.jpg

Now $350 each shpd...Much higher than this on Ebay and other sellers!!
FB_IMG_1605462328928.jpg

Show images of the muzzles. If those are early barrels they may be more sellable. The later Belgian full choke barrels are so thin they require specialty chokes and prep. Briley does it but last I knew they charged $150/barrel to thread them + $50/choke. That was a long time ago so probably more now. Thicker barrels can be reamed and threaded by any gunsmith for "normal" chokes (e.g. Invector). The Miroku A5 barrels were all much thicker and commonly choked anyway. I suspect the ribless barrel is an older one.

The problem with full choke magnum barrels is they are pretty much useless for anything but shooting trap or turkeys. Steel shot is definitely a no-no in Browning fixed full choke barrels. They can't take it. I have been told that opening the thin ones up to fixed modified is also dicey. The magnum models don't cycle trap loads reliably even when braked per factory instructions. I finally modified the guts on mine with 2.75" barrel spring and brake. Requires adding a spacer over the magazine tube.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanMatt

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg