1st Time plains game hunters package.

Enysse,

NOT true, i do sell cheaper hunts (probably not the cheapest), but still advertise some of the best hunting packages on this forum, and i do run a quite excellent operation if i may say so myself...Smaller Outfitters in my eye's probably has less OVERHEADS to worry about thus advertising better prices...let you think hey...

I myself had to cut down on staff members, i became quite and interesting cook because of economical crisis's around the world, and my freelance PH's has become "yet again" excellent trackers and skinners...thus cutting nearly 4 staff members; and i don't even want to elaborate on all the Cruisers and extra's that some of these outfitters has and DON'T USE...only my 2 cents...

Patrick, please do not see my reply to your post as being critical - I'm genuinely interested to learn more about the "cutting of staff members issue that you've raised...

Are you saying you don't use trackers and skinners anymore and do the cooking yourself?

I for one have a great issue with camps that have more staff than what is necessary. I have hunted from camps that had 14 full time employees where they could have done with 4 and in my opinion this is a total waste - not to mention unpleasant for clients when it gets to tipping time...

However; according to my line of thinking having a tracker, skinner and cook is essential to running a safari outfit. Whilst I believe I am a pretty decent cok myself; I simply do not have the time to cook for my clients. Grilling steaks for them once or twice is one thing - cooking for them every night is a different kettle of fish... Also; I believe that evenings should be spent with my clients around the campfire - not me in the kitchen and them left alone around the fire.

And once an animal has been shot and recovered I feel that it is the client's right to continue hunting as opposed to watching his PH skin his animals (or to be left on his own while the PH is performing this function).

I am keen to hear how you deal with this in your operation.

Thanks,

Thanks guys it's all about market research aint it! on the Vanilla side Enysse, I just feel that if a guy wants to hunt a good Kudu he can pay for it. I am trying to keep it as basic as I can to keep the cost as low as I possibly can,

on the not so affordable side I want to give you a break down on this, \

International airfare: $1800-00 includes taxes.

Wildebeest: $850-00
Impala: $375-00
Blesbuck: $475-00
Warthog: $300-00

Remainder: $2200-00 devided by 7 = $314-00 per day all inclusive

All trophies guaranteed SCI, NO CULL ANIMALS. in addition to this guys, you are hunting 33 000 acres of mountaineous terrain (so more like 50 000 acres), not the average 4000 acre set up, you are also seeing elephant on foot on a daily basis, herds of Buffalo, White Rhino and we do encounter Leopard pretty often every year, so it is a true African safari experience and not as artificial as 90% of other South African companies.

Not putting anyone down but its just the plain truth, with trucks trucking in game on an almost weekly basis onto meat factories, areas like this one is hard to find.

I believe that one needs to compare apples with apples, and not to sound arrogant but there are few apples in South Africa that compare to this one, I know Johny has a really good area (multiple), shelanti, Touch stone, AND a few other scattered throughout the country but taking it into the broad spectrum and all this into consideration, It's a damn good deal ;-)

Just need to be able to make hunters aware of this, on the other hand I am looking for serious hunters guys that will walk miles and miles a day pass up many animals until we find the right one this is hard core mountain hunting, not a wall mart.

When comparing one can not compare EASTERN CAPE, OR LESSER PROPERTIES TO MAJOR TRACTS OF LAND. All have a place in the larger set up this is true just saying.

I agree maybe splash the airfare out there a little more.
Sestoppelman that was a killer you should have taken 6 of those when you had the chance.

Thanks for the input guys.
My best always

Hi Jaco

Not to be rude here but how much of the 30 000 acres of that land do you Jaco Stauss personally own?

There is no doubt that some outfits in South Africa have some massive tracks of land as you mentioned Johnny Vivier and it would seem the operation you represent Kwalata and while I am very much in favor of the fact that there are still some massive privately owned strips of land out there, I would like to pose the question If you personally owned the 4 000 acres of land would it form part of the 90% of meat factories or would you think twice before generalizing?

Just some food for thought.

All the best of luck in selling these hunts I think it is a really good deal in one of few truly massive strips of land.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

We own the whole property, I personally have exclusivity in the US and Reinhard has Norway, I get that you are very well established on this site, and I am not looking at making this my platform but it is this simple.....

Having hunted for mamy years and hunted for a couple of outfits until we started this venture, you of all people know how the average set up works, truck loads of Oryx, truck loads of Blesbuck rams and so on are brought in and shot. Not hunted, We as hunter like to shout out loud feom roof tops Conservation! And that we are so called conservationists and yet louis hunting can only be part of Conservation, if it is practiced, and operated along the lines of sustainable use what the hell is sustainable behind bringing in truck loads of game and wacking them?

NOTHING, I tend to agree with most Zim ph's as well as all the others hunting free roaming areas, it has been turned into a money making racket in SA and that is shamefull.

Maybe I a bit of an idealist who knows but thats the way it is.

My best always hope you have prosperous 2012.

Wolverine
you should know us pretty well Safari managment use to be our agent but we have taken our own routes, The airfare runs from JFK or Atlanta roundtrip, you feel this could work in Norway? I can look at flights into flights from Oslo?

Me and Reinhard will be in Norway after I return from the U.S. we will also visit Sweden Germany and Spain.

My best always.

Jaco, are you coming to the FICAAR/SCI show in Madrid, next March ?

Louis, I must say I might have been taring everyone with the same brush thats true, I will refrain from that in the future, but right is right and wrong is wrong.

Never mentioned you or anyone else for that matter, I just refuse to agree with what has become the norm in this country and that is an unarguable fact.

Once again hope you didnt take offense, if so it was not intended.

My best always.

Bob Sorry missed out on replying to your question, our Kudu bulls are $2500 regardless of size, the mountains carry good bulls.

My best always.

Hi Jaco

No harm done I share a lot of the same views as you do but in saying that it is not wise to paint everyone with the same brush so to speak.

Jaco the point I was trying to make is that being a land owner is not always easy, one has to compete against other good operations who don't own land others who own massive tracks of land now in saying that if you don't personally as in YOU Jaco Strauss own land I think you are shouting from a pretty tall horse.

The whole "it is fenced so it is canned marketing scheme is getting terribly old" this coming from someone who has hunted in Zambia for 9 months and who would gladly agree that there is something to be said for hunting an open area.

The bottom line is not every hunter can afford it nor is wild open areas the biggest form of conservation it is usually the very same game farms that you criticize that have $1000 000 invested in to conservation white rhino would be a good example.

Jaco I am sure we can talk about this for hours so let me not interfere with your offer here I hope to meet you in person some day and sit down over a beer.

All the best!

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Jaco, are you coming to the FICAAR/SCI show in Madrid, next March ?

Nyati, will be there yes, booth will be next to prohunt I believe.

My best always.

Patrick, please do not see my reply to your post as being critical - I'm genuinely interested to learn more about the "cutting of staff members issue that you've raised...

Are you saying you don't use trackers and skinners anymore and do the cooking yourself?

I for one have a great issue with camps that have more staff than what is necessary. I have hunted from camps that had 14 full time employees where they could have done with 4 and in my opinion this is a total waste - not to mention unpleasant for clients when it gets to tipping time...

However; according to my line of thinking having a tracker, skinner and cook is essential to running a safari outfit. Whilst I believe I am a pretty decent cok myself; I simply do not have the time to cook for my clients. Grilling steaks for them once or twice is one thing - cooking for them every night is a different kettle of fish... Also; I believe that evenings should be spent with my clients around the campfire - not me in the kitchen and them left alone around the fire.

And once an animal has been shot and recovered I feel that it is the client's right to continue hunting as opposed to watching his PH skin his animals (or to be left on his own while the PH is performing this function).

I am keen to hear how you deal with this in your operation.

Thanks,

Chris / Enysse

No offense taken at all...the point i wanted to make is that NOT all small Outfitters runs their operation on a 'cut throat' business, after all what is the purpose of having a business that doesn't generate revenue. Some bigger Outfits must ask more for the same packages that are advertised cheaper by smaller Outfits (bigger outfits - bigger overheads) - see point on your 3 paragraph about unnecessary staff...

I do make use of a tracker and a skinner but used to employ more than one. On the cooking point, most of the meals are prepared by a in-house cook and i normally assist when the time prevails. As you indicated, the client comes first...

Louis no problems, would like to hook up. Yet I do not agree with you on me personally owning the land as I am the outfitter, and have as much invested, I do not hunt for anyone, I am the US outfitter/owner and RH is Europe outfitter/owner, with the amount of money invested in this venture I could just as well have bought 3500 acres (truth).

So one can not diffrentiate it this way in this case, as I am not a freelance Ph or a so called employee.

Just had to set it straight to see all in perspective and to have a complete picture I am by no means preaching from a high horse as you can now see.

Thanks for the stimulating, conversation.

Would love to hook up sometime.

My best always.

Nyati, will be there yes, booth will be next to prohunt I believe.

My best always.

Fine, I look forward to meet you there, and maybe :beer:

Yeeeeeehaaaaa! Or a Bombay gin!

Louis no problems, would like to hook up. Yet I do not agree with you on me personally owning the land as I am the outfitter, and have as much invested, I do not hunt for anyone, I am the US outfitter/owner and RH is Europe outfitter/owner, with the amount of money invested in this venture I could just as well have bought 3500 acres (truth).

So one can not diffrentiate it this way in this case, as I am not a freelance Ph or a so called employee.

Just had to set it straight to see all in perspective and to have a complete picture I am by no means preaching from a high horse as you can now see.

Thanks for the stimulating, conversation.

Would love to hook up sometime.

My best always.

Jaco

I sent you a pm hope to meet up soon!

Good luck with this offer once again this is a good deal in a very nice area.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Bob Sorry missed out on replying to your question, our Kudu bulls are $2500 regardless of size, the mountains carry good bulls.

My best always.

THANKS Jaco You didn't miss out you just answered it. Again Thanks Bob

Jaco you also mentioned Norway I have a good friend there that I would like to hunt with one day for Roedeer or wild Boar or maybe both if the price is right. Feel free to PM me with any Good deals you may have always looking to save a buck. Bob

Bob Sending you a private message, the guys really has multiple good areas, he might not be inexpensive but he's due to a lack of a better word, the best!

My best always.

Thanks Louis, your'e welcome any time.

My best always.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg