Reaction score
Website
www.kwalata.com
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Life Member, PHASA, IPHA, DSC Life Member.
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
Special package 2012

$6000-00

Includes: 1x Bluewildebeest
1x Impala
1x Blesbuck
1x Warthog
1x Bushpig (Baited)
Package also includes:

* 7 nights accomodation at Valamanzi camp on Kwalata Wilderness (33 000 acre property hunt amongst 4 of the African Big5)

* Trophy fees for species listed above.

* International airfare round trip from Jfk/Atlanta to Johannesburg and back(round trip)

* All meals, all drinks, Daily Laundry.

* Services of fully licensed professional hunter, trackers, Skinners as well as hunting vehicles, recovery crew (recovering of carcasses in the mountaineous terrain), all camp staff.

* Transfer from Johannesburg airport to Kwalata and back.

* 2x1 Fully guided safari.

* Transport of trophies to local taxidermist all skinning, salting.

Package excludes:

* All inland flights to gateway cities.

* All accomodation before or after contracted safari period.

* Additional trophy species not listed in the above package.

* All taxidermy and shipping.

Special conditions:

* Packages based on fully guided 2x1 safari.

* Package valid March through May 10 2012 as well as August 25 - November 2012

Packages based on a first come first serve basis, 10 available,

Package can be upgraded to fully guided 1x1 safari.

* trophy fees for species listed in the package.

Special plains game package 2012

Any members have any thoughts on this special plains game package, could it work?
Would like some feedback I thought it would be a good idea.

Just giving feedback, the package is very vanilla...aside from the bushpig. Not trying to be offensive. Price wise it not a cheap hunt, like you have said many times there are a lot of packages that other operators are offering. The plains game market is dog eat dog world. Hope that helps.

Happy Holidays!

And I would make it very clear that this includes the airfare right in the title. A lot of guys just glance at animals and price then move on so make sure you highlight that the airfare is included.

You make a excellent point TOM, that airfare included on the international end should be in the title, otherwise people will skim right past it.

Good catch Tom & Enysse on the air fare part.

I only read the header and then the Animal list and went no further.

As you 2 have so eloquently pointed out. With serious potential parties shopping different packages this is a difficult package to sell.

Jaco this appears to me to be a cull package. Because you are offering 10 packages at 2 hunters per package.

I dont know the airfare from US to JB, but I think it makes a good package anyway. Lets say 900US $ for the impala, blesbuck, warthog. 900 US $ for the blue wildebeest and 900US $ for a baited bushpig. 2000US $ for the airfare? That leaves only 1300US $ for a 7 days accomodation.

Jaco what kind of airfare are you calculating in this package. I ask because I am from Norway and there are a lot of Europeans on this site as well.

Jaco I don't know who the outfitter is that your looking at BUT!!! take a look at some of the Deals under the hunting deals tab there are some really good ones. Louis at Spiral Horn Safaris was offering a Similar Deal that included Shoulder Mounts of your trophies for around 4000 add 2000 for air fare from ATL or JFK is even a better deal, and Louis will be hanging out in dallas for the DSC Convention get with him over a beer and I'll bet you could sweet talk him into a really great deal. Bob

Years ago when I started looking at packages, airfare was often included, not so much anymore. This will make you sick. My first trip was to Tanzania (Masailand) in 1985. The package was for 7 animals including buffalo, 7 days of hunting, RT airfare from NY, and dip and doc., 2x1. Price was just under $4400.00! You didnt even have to supply the other hunter! Of course you never know what you will get paired with. The gent who shared the hunt with me was a pharmacist from Austria who had been to Africa many times, quite well known I gather. I dont think he ever got out of the Landy except to take a leak and pose for pictures. His "hunting" shoes were loafers!

Thanks guys it's all about market research aint it! on the Vanilla side Enysse, I just feel that if a guy wants to hunt a good Kudu he can pay for it. I am trying to keep it as basic as I can to keep the cost as low as I possibly can,

on the not so affordable side I want to give you a break down on this, \

International airfare: $1800-00 includes taxes.

Wildebeest: $850-00
Impala: $375-00
Blesbuck: $475-00
Warthog: $300-00

Remainder: $2200-00 devided by 7 = $314-00 per day all inclusive

All trophies guaranteed SCI, NO CULL ANIMALS. in addition to this guys, you are hunting 33 000 acres of mountaineous terrain (so more like 50 000 acres), not the average 4000 acre set up, you are also seeing elephant on foot on a daily basis, herds of Buffalo, White Rhino and we do encounter Leopard pretty often every year, so it is a true African safari experience and not as artificial as 90% of other South African companies.

Not putting anyone down but its just the plain truth, with trucks trucking in game on an almost weekly basis onto meat factories, areas like this one is hard to find.

I believe that one needs to compare apples with apples, and not to sound arrogant but there are few apples in South Africa that compare to this one, I know Johny has a really good area (multiple), shelanti, Touch stone, AND a few other scattered throughout the country but taking it into the broad spectrum and all this into consideration, It's a damn good deal ;-)

Just need to be able to make hunters aware of this, on the other hand I am looking for serious hunters guys that will walk miles and miles a day pass up many animals until we find the right one this is hard core mountain hunting, not a wall mart.

When comparing one can not compare EASTERN CAPE, OR LESSER PROPERTIES TO MAJOR TRACTS OF LAND. All have a place in the larger set up this is true just saying.

I agree maybe splash the airfare out there a little more.
Sestoppelman that was a killer you should have taken 6 of those when you had the chance.

Thanks for the input guys.
My best always

Wolverine
you should know us pretty well Safari managment use to be our agent but we have taken our own routes, The airfare runs from JFK or Atlanta roundtrip, you feel this could work in Norway? I can look at flights into flights from Oslo?

Me and Reinhard will be in Norway after I return from the U.S. we will also visit Sweden Germany and Spain.

My best always.

Thanks Tom and Enysse no offense taken, good advice is always welcome, one does not want do be the cheapest??? its just the way I look at it but I also need to understand that there are more than just me looking at it.......get it!

You are right Jaco, no one has to strive to be the cheapest. If you did a web search you would generally find the very cheapest hunts usually run into problems because the operator cut his or her bottom line too much. I'd rather hunt with a guy that was running a quality operation.

I think people stopped including the airfare because, it looked better advertising. To me it was a easier sell to a buyer, to not list all the expenses up front. I would rather buy my own airfare...it's less hastle, plus I can call the travel agent to customize my itinerary to my needs. I have basic needs and wants.

I wish you the best of luck, this marketing season.

You are right Jaco, no one has to strive to be the cheapest. If you did a web search you would generally find the very cheapest hunts usually run into problems because the operator cut his or her bottom line too much. I'd rather hunt with a guy that was running a quality operation.

Enysse,

NOT true, i do sell cheaper hunts (probably not the cheapest), but still advertise some of the best hunting packages on this forum, and i do run a quite excellent operation if i may say so myself...Smaller Outfitters in my eye's probably has less OVERHEADS to worry about thus advertising better prices...let you think hey...

I myself had to cut down on staff members, i became quite and interesting cook because of economical crisis's around the world, and my freelance PH's has become "yet again" excellent trackers and skinners...thus cutting nearly 4 staff members; and i don't even want to elaborate on all the Cruisers and extra's that some of these outfitters has and DON'T USE...only my 2 cents...

Understand, Enysse also I have become aware over the last 13 years that 1st time visitors that have never traveled alot like to have everything set up for them, this is a service I offer, and it is completely fexible, not being the cheapest is a choice of my own Bushwack, I also have a philosophy of no discount on Kudu.

Once again these are personal little things, I am not a big company at all and me and RH book all clients and personaly do all the hunts we have allot of land but that is it when it comes to being big.

I must say the cheapest hunts I have seen come from the big companies because they run their operations on volume, and not the other way around as a norm, but these are just my observations.

My best always.

Hi Jaco that is not quite true. We offer very good trophies and do our own guiding on our own farm and there for would like to pass on good prices. Some guys are extremely dear and offer not much more than we can.We believe that we offer a fair price for a good hunt.

Baobab, dont really understand what you are talking about never mentioned quality, at all please read my posts, big operation hitting 125 clients a season check their prices they offfer killer deals because they run on volume, as mentioned I dont really understand where you are coming from and what you are disagreeing with.

Please explain where I refered to you or your operation??
My best always.

Understand, Enysse also I have become aware over the last 13 years that 1st time visitors that have never traveled alot like to have everything set up for them, this is a service I offer, and it is completely fexible, not being the cheapest is a choice of my own Bushwack, I also have a philosophy of no discount on Kudu.

Once again these are personal little things, I am not a big company at all and me and RH book all clients and personaly do all the hunts we have allot of land but that is it when it comes to being big.

I must say the cheapest hunts I have seen come from the big companies because they run their operations on volume, and not the other way around as a norm, but these are just my observations.

My best always.

Hi Jaco
I was looking at your website and could not find a price list which made me pass it on by. What are the prices of your Kudu.

Enysse,

NOT true, i do sell cheaper hunts (probably not the cheapest), but still advertise some of the best hunting packages on this forum, and i do run a quite excellent operation if i may say so myself...Smaller Outfitters in my eye's probably has less OVERHEADS to worry about thus advertising better prices...let you think hey...

I myself had to cut down on staff members, i became quite and interesting cook because of economical crisis's around the world, and my freelance PH's has become "yet again" excellent trackers and skinners...thus cutting nearly 4 staff members; and i don't even want to elaborate on all the Cruisers and extra's that some of these outfitters has and DON'T USE...only my 2 cents...

Patrick, I know you do run a very fine operation. I hope I didn't offend you. I applaud your approach to hunting. It definitely gives the budget hunter something to think about. Rather than state all the guys on here that run affordable hunts, at super values. I will let people do there research. But everyone looking for a great hunt at a super value should be looking at your deals.

At the same time, like you said yourself, people run operations different and hunt in different areas. And it's a buyers market out there. So anyone can offer what they think is a fair price is and see if they fill their hunt dates for next year.

I am sitting on the sideline...wondering how things are going to turn out. I was talking with a good friend last night about hunting. And we are both wondering how things are going to shake out. We both think the it's going to be a tough marketing season is you are relying on average joe's to go hunting....because in our neck of the woods the economy hasn't even remotely gotten any better. That being said we both want to go back to Africa. It's just not the right time and place.

Hi Jaco that is not quite true. We offer very good trophies and do our own guiding on our own farm and there for would like to pass on good prices. Some guys are extremely dear and offer not much more than we can.We believe that we offer a fair price for a good hunt.

I think you can run a efficient business that way for sure. There is nothing wrong with hunting with a small operation. You can really get excellent care and a good hunting experience that way for sure.

The big operations are spending a ton on marketing and travel to find clients. They usually hunt a number of properties and to a degree rely on shipping animals to there ranch or property. I know many people that find comfort in paying a higher price, knowing they are going to get what they want and the paperwork and trophy shipping is very smooth. The smaller operations, I have seen more problems with paperwork not being done, maybe landowner not being paid....they are a minority for sure. It doesn't matter it's still make "headlines". Most small operations have to offer great customer care or they will be out of business....period.

I think most people will hopefully find a place to hunt that fits their budget and personality.

I know my step kids, just want to see game and hunt at affordable prices. They are so use to seeing nothing...gamewise in America, that Africa truly is a hunting paradise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg