1989 Land Rover Defender At Auction Orlando FL

Ray B

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Speaking of a "light dusting of snow" here's an F350 with a bit of snow and a path to back out.

DSC_2241.JPG
DSC_2268.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin Peacocke

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica

Kevin Peacocke

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
Any of your Cruisers over 70 years old, in daily use and up for a safari any time? No? I thought so.....

Seriously Cruisers are fine cars, I have one myself, but just not the character of a Landy. Sort of like a digital plastic wrist watch.

ha ha!

Muskox

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
Namibia, Australia, Spain, Germany, all over the United States

roverandbrew

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I have only ridden in a Land Rover 4 times. Broke down three times. 3 different continents. Just anecdotal data, but enough for me.................FWB

I hear that from some people. I have a 1969 88". 1971 109", 1985 D110, 2006 LR with 250K miles and never a break down. I have owned sold a 1991 D90 and 1997 Discovery 1. I would say we are a Land Rover family. My wife drives the 2006 over her 2016 Toyota. Her Toyota has electrical issues. I do love the Land Rover vs Land Cruiser Feud. Its definitely global.

Rick Cox

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Armstrong Fish and Game Club
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
I have had land rovers for many years now and they have never let me down. You just have to maintain them thats all
Sounds like a Harley Davidson. And one of the many reasons I have no interest in owning one.

Sika98k

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Member of
Wild Deer Association of Ireland
Hunted
Kenya,Namibia, Croatia, Morocco Ireland,Scotland,Denmark, Romania, Sweden,Norway,Latvia,Germany,Hungary,
I think mine has more character. It certainly has more defects !

98B8A8FE-BC94-4FCC-BDB4-EA7154545EE1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

CJW

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Any of your Cruisers over 70 years old, in daily use and up for a safari any time? No? I thought so.....

Seriously Cruisers are fine cars, I have one myself, but just not the character of a Landy. Sort of like a digital plastic wrist watch.

ha ha!

When I want character I wear a 1929 Illinois mechanical wrist watch. When I want reliability I wear a digital plastic wrist watch ; - )

J/K, that is a seriously cool vehicle.

norfolk shooter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASC
Hunted
UK, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Dumfries and Galloway, Isle of Arran (Scotland). RSA, North West, Kalahari, Limpopo
Land Rover owners have there own community much like hunters. My current ride a 1992 Range Rover 200tdi gets loads of admiration from your gals in London who love how 'retro' it is. Make me feel old though

CraigV

AH senior member
Reaction score
@NS - Spot On!

While not one of my Defenders, here's the LR3 from a couple of years ago. Girl ran a stop sign in front of us, and the pictures tell the rest of the story.

We drove the truck home, our air bags didn't even deploy. Still driving the truck today with 193,000 miles on it.
DSC_0515.JPG
DSC_0527.JPG

norfolk shooter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASC
Hunted
UK, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Dumfries and Galloway, Isle of Arran (Scotland). RSA, North West, Kalahari, Limpopo
@NS - Spot On!

While not one of my Defenders, here's the LR3 from a couple of years ago. Girl ran a stop sign in front of us, and the pictures tell the rest of the story.

We drove the truck home, our air bags didn't even deploy. Still driving the truck today with 193,000 miles on it.View attachment 449153View attachment 449154
As long as nobody got hurt. Glad to know you still have the disco. I was tempted by one but thought to get my RRC instead

CraigV

AH senior member
Reaction score
Yup,

Even the other driver was ok - thankfully. The best part was when we rung her dad right after the accident, and his first words were, "did she run another stop sign?"

The Classic's are just that, classic. I've had P38 Rangies, Disco I, II, and the III, as well as the aforementioned fleet of Defenders. Enjoy them all. I enjoyed the Disco I a lot. Slightly under powered - gas model, but had limited electronics and cpu's, so not much to go wrong, and with leather seats and air-con was a joy to drive anywhere.

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
In case anyone wants to get a bid in, currently at $36k and ends at 12:31pm CT today.

I am not bidding nor do I have any interest in this. Simply passing along the info.

1645716238803.png

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
@NS - Spot On!

We drove the truck home, our air bags didn't even deploy. Still driving the truck today with 193,000 miles on it.

Well, here is a pic of a car that hit my Toyota 4 runner on the freeway a couple of years ago. There were some metal shavings on my trailer hitch I had to clean off ;)

In fairness, if I had a stock 4 runner I probably would have had a crushed plastic bumper etc., but I had a steel wraparound bumper plus the tire. I have 90K miles on it (2018).

1645716877259.png

Mississippian

AH member
Reaction score
Owned a 75 model Santana 109, Spanish clone.

Spent a lot of time in a 110 and 130 in Africa, Australia and Europe.

Ergonomically I'd rather have a F350 crew cab. But they look cool, even though they are small.

My Toyota Sequoia goes anywhere I point it on 32 inch BFG's and gets 20 miles to the gallon.
20 mpg in a sequoia? Does it have the same 5.7 that’s in my 2020 tundra?

ActionBob

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria

ActionBob

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria
All you would need is a land cruiser to pull it to the Land Rover Dealer when it breaks down!
I was in camp with a Land Rover fan and a Land Cruiser fan. I made a comment that you just automatically know the Land Rover guy has to be wealthy.... paused to let that guy relish a but.... then finished with "because you know he had to be able to afford the repairs!" The Cruiser guy spit out his drink and almost fell off his chair;)

Muskox

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
Namibia, Australia, Spain, Germany, all over the United States

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phonglt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Member: NRA Life

Hunt: Alaska-Canada-NM
geoff rath wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
G'day Bob,
Just had a yarn with A G, and he has filled me in on how much work he puts in to such developments, referencing QuikLoad, tightening tolerances, load development, range testing. He indicated that of you wish to contact him directly he can go into details far better than I.
If you wish , contact him directly, he has given the OK for me to pass that on.
Hunt: Alaska, Canada, Mexico and USA: particularly the Western states.
Hi,
Going through and old thread I see you mentioned having a William Douglas double in 470NE for sale. Just touching base to see if you sold the rifle, or if it was still for sale?
Regards,
Chris
(Wollongong, NSW)
Hi Chris
Yes, I still have it
Cheers
Steve
Erin Lockwood wrote on Laurine88's profile.
Hi again do you think you could message me your email or some other way to contact you, I've been having error messages trying to send messages via private conversations to you since last night, sorry!