1956 Belgian 470 Nitro Boxlock Ejector Rifle For Sale

That is a very nice rifle. I admit that I thought for a minute about what I had to trade...

The story this rifle tells me is something less exotic and more desirable. This rifle does not appear to have been used on any safaris of significance. It’s not so valuable it would ever justify polishing, recutting the engraving, and redoing the case colors. The checkering doesn’t look redone either.

This gun appears factory fresh to me, having been used for recreational target shooting only. Sweat from carry will strip those case colors off on a single safari. Yet they are there.

70 years, no abuse.

Original Post: Have you redone the wood, bluing, or any other restoration other than replacing the recoil pad?

Last edited:
I have not done a thing to it. The story goes that it was made to specification for and imported by one Frank Clark of Cheyenne, Wyoming in the 1950s. His name is engraved on the barrels and it appears that engraving was done before original bluing. The rifle is very nicely made and well cared for. No signs of any rework. In my opinion, this rifle is much more valuable than a modern made double in the $12-15k price range such as the Merkels, VCs, and K-guns just because of the amount of handwork that went into this. With the ejectors, articulated front trigger, and grade of wood, you couldn’t get close to these specifications for this price in a modern rifle. This rifle is a bargain for the asking price.

RC

As I mentioned previously, I will consider partial trades. I love double rifles and shotguns and single shot rifles so let me know if you have any ideas.

Forgive me if I overlooked this but what weight do the triggers break ? Very nice Francotte action BTW.

The triggers are nice but I have not measured them. I would gues in the 4.5-6 lb range but that is just a guess. I can run by my local shop and have them measured on Friday.

The triggers are nice but I have not measured them. I would gues in the 4.5-6 lb range but that is just a guess. I can run by my local shop and have them measured on Friday.
Don’t make a special trip for that , main thing is that they are crisp

Not the right time for me to have empty pockets…. That’s a beauty

Wish you'd posted this about a month earlier as I pulled the trigger on a Merkel in .500 NE

It would seem that this double is a perfect buy. If this was in South Africa or Zimbabwe I can think of a few friends who would have snapped it up.

If I had 12 large that I wouldn't miss, I'D have snapped it up.

Spike.t
I have never shot the rifle with factory ammunition so I cannot comment.

Are you interested in trading for a couple custom built rifles?

I have had quite a few inquiries but no takers. I will happily sell the reloading dies, brass, and bullets separately. If you want the rifle alone I will take $11,200.

Thanks for all of your interest!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianguisy

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,