Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
E3B526A4-E284-42DF-9E0F-E7E222D3154B.jpeg
I figured that I should introduce the new member to my gun safe. It’s a 1912 Chilean Mauser in 7x57. I picked it up for a decent price, and I put two boxes through it the other night and it shoots like a dream.

This rifle have been Bubba’d and needs a little TLC. It came with a Barska 4x scope on it, and I’m looking at replacing it with a Leupold VX-R 3x9. The current bases are in rough shape, and I’m looking to replace them. Talley seems to say they can’t be used it the clip slot is still on the receiver. And suggestions on what bases work good on these military Mausers?

Think you can get used to the cock on close?, I also have the Chilean re-barreled to a sporter 7x57

Think you can get used to the cock on close?, I also have the Chilean re-barreled to a sporter 7x57

Care to elaborate? Not too sure what there is to get used to! Seemed to function like all my other bolt actions?

My Chilean as well as my 6.5 Swede both built in Military actions cock as the bolt closes

My Chilean as well as my 6.5 Swede both built in Military actions cock as the bolt closes

I got that part, just wondering what there is to get used to?

i bought this german 98 mauser in 8mm for a donor action-stock, but after I shot it I have left it in 8x57. it was sporterized in the 60,s and was done by a gunsmith who knew what he was doing. the late 50,s and early 60,s was the hay day here for milsurps in great shape at what today would be give away prices, I remember all types of surpluse rifles for well under 50.oo USD in very good to mint condition.

DSCN0574 (2).JPG
DSCN0575 (2).JPG
DSCN0576 (2).JPG
DSCN0577 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
My Chilean as well as my 6.5 Swede both conve
I got that part, just wondering what there is to get used to?
Not all that difficult just a different feel when your used to most bolt actions that cock on open

I was just about to suggest those but mdwest beat me to it...so...+1 on the Warne bases. I do cut down the rear base to allow for the stripper clip slot to be used still. Sometimes just mounting it in reverse works.

I will look into warne!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RashadSalt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois