Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Leaving on the 23rd with my boy on his first hunt (anywhere) to RSA with Bosbok Safaris in Limpopo. Plains game only this time, I am still looking for a big eland bull and my boy (16) is going for the beginners group of critters, nothing exotic. I also hope to connect on hyena this time but am not very optimistic, they are a hard critter to "hunt", as most are taken while hunting something else. But maybe I get lucky this time. I hunted with Bosbok in '09 and he has new areas now so it should be fun.

I hope you have a great time!

A hyena would be very cool!

I hope you and your son make memories to last a lifetime!

Great to see some new real-estate.
First hunts are awesome to watch and be part of. Here's to his success.
Hope the Hyena walks out chasing your Eland.
Good luck Ses.

Thanks guys! I will do my best to have fun and not miss too often! I should not be allowed to carry a rifle until I have been on the ground for at least 2 days owing to jet lag which really screws me up.

Good luck to both you and your son.
I am sure it will be a great experience for both of you.
Looking forward to the stories and photos :)

Happy hunting! Looking forward to pics of the hyena.

Thanks again one and all!!

Have a great time and bring back some picture to share.

Eland you say wishing you the best... :D

I am looking for one also this year. Been elusive ... only shooter i have seen was in Tanzania and as you guessed was not on my permit. Walked up on a few spotted hyena's also while in Tanzania. Not to mention honey badger plus we had a leopard or 2 in camp every morning.

Thanks James! Its funny how some guys run around bagging everything on their list while others (like me!) struggle at times to get some of the more common critters! I never saw a bull eland on my last hunt in '11 in Zim. Saw some cows on the first day and nothing after. I don't really expect to score on hyena this trip but it should be fun trying.

Have a great time with your son Scott! There will be memories from this trip which neither of you will forget.

Wish you the best, Ses.
Saw a hyena for a split second last year in the Limpopo, so, who knows, you might be luckier (y)

Have a great time. It doesn't get better than hunting with your son!

Look forward to photos and a report.

All the best.

best of hunting to your good self and the young bloke ,ses
hope the trip is everything you both want it to be ......
looking foreward to the reading of this ,great adventure

Scott, have a safe and exciting hunt with your son. A safe return back as well. You got to get a big Eland and post some pics of it, you just gotta. Looking forward to reading about the shared hunt. I am sure pictures will only show half of the pride inside of you when your son takes his first, really looking forward to that picture. Good luck, and Gods speed.... Enjoy your hunt.

Well if good wishes count for anything in this life, we should have a good trip! I appreciate all of it. Thanks guys!

Enjoy your trip and post some pics when you return

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
profibrahim

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you