150gr TSX in 308 Win

Can't help you with a load but I would recommend the TTSX over the TSX. In my opinion it is a vastly better bullet.

I use the 150 gr ttsx in my .308. It is loaded with 44 grains of IMR 4895. I cannot give you any velocity or ballistic particulars on the load, but it is a very accurate load in my rifle. I have used the 150 grain ttsx bullets in my 308 on whitetail, hogs, elk, red stag, wildebeest, gemsbok, leopard, waterbuck, zebra, bushbuck, and impala. Red stag and wildebeest being the only animals that were given a follow up shot.

Alaska, sorry I can’t help you with the 308, but I’ve had pretty good luck using the online accuracy loads on the Barnes website. You might try them. They have worked pretty well in my 30-06, 300 WM and 375 H&H.
Best of luck!

Just an FYI on the Barnes 150 TTSX. When I started reloading them in my 30-06 I discovered the bullet is different from the factory loaded bullet.
2546F0C0-B227-4EFA-A47B-CFE4CBCA08C8.jpeg

I emailed Barnes and they said it was designed for the 300WM, thus the additional groove as you see in the photo.
I just thought this might be of interest to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I shoot the 168 TTSX out of 308's and in front of 42.5 gr of H4895, super accurate and deadly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaLondo

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!