14 Day Leopard Hunt In Namibia 2019

Buckdog

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Totally understandable to have this opinion Buckdog. Leopard hunting in any country if Africa is far from a "slam dunk". Success rates vary between countries, areas in each country and PH's for that matter. Namibia, on the whole, seems to have the lower success rates but also the lowest prices. On the other hand, right now, Zambia probably has the highest success rates but also gets premium prices. Not telling you anything you don't already know. When looking to hunt leopard, research is everything. Way more so than any other species in Africa today. No outfitter in their right mind would guarantee a leopard but there are areas/outfitters/PH's that have incredible success rates. Then again, these are typically never discounted.
Buffbuster you have totaly nailed hunting of kitty cats, i researched it well and the best guys in the best areas in the best countries go for 25-30K wont discount and even then 70% best chance is about the norm. then you have to take into account which countries have the big toms and which have small ones.
I think this is a nicely priced offer and I wish whoever takes it much luck but hope they research hunting the spotted one well first as making a 50yd shot off a rock solid rest shouldnt be a issue to any experienced hunter. most of us on this board I am willing to bet have taken a few"big dollar" trigger pulls.

EUREKA HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2018
AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.eurekahuntingsafaris.com
Media
Member of
NAPHA
Hunted
Namibia
Thanks all for the feedback and comments.

RogerHeintzman

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI (Sioux Falls, SD) RMEF, NWTF, NRA, NTA, BCSC, SDTA, NDTA, P&Y,
Hunted
Zimbabwe, New Zealand, Canada (Ontario,British Columbia,Manitoba), USA (Colorado,Montana,Wyoming,Texas,South Dakota), Africa(Limpopo,NW Province, East Cape, Kwazulu Natal,) Namibia x3,
I do not see anything said about a "TOM" leopard mentioned which is the primary target animal. But what "IF" by accident, misjudgment by PH or some other fluke that a female is shot? What then?

EUREKA HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2018
AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
Media
Member of
NAPHA
Hunted
Namibia
I do not see anything said about a "TOM" leopard mentioned which is the primary target animal. But what "IF" by accident, misjudgment by PH or some other fluke that a female is shot? What then?

Hopefully that never happen, but "IF" a female is shot the hunter will not pay the trophy fee and the discounted daily rate will apply. In Namibia it is not allowed to hunt female leopard or leopards that is smaller than the minimum specified size. But "IF" this happen the PH will need to follow the necessary steps to report it.

EUREKA HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2018
AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
Media
Member of
NAPHA
Hunted
Namibia
Happy 2019!

This hunt is still available for 2019.

Please ask if you have any questions.

EUREKA HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2018
AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
Media
Member of
NAPHA
Hunted
Namibia
I decided to add some new options to this hunt to give the hunter the opportunity to decide what is the best for him/her.

14 Day Leopard hunt in Namibia 2019

Trophy fee: 6200 USD (only payable if shot is taken on Leopard)
Pre-baiting and baiting 1000 USD
Daily rate: 14 X 770 = 10780 USD

Options valid if shot is not taken on Leopard:
Option 1: Daily rate discount if shot is not taken on Leopard: 14 X 600 = 8400USD
Option 2: Extend the 14 day hunt to a 21 day hunt free of charge (Only pay 10780 USD in daily rate)
Option 3: Return later in the same year for 14 days free of charge (Only pay 10780 USD for two times 14 day hunts)

Package total if shot is taken on Leopard: 17980 USD

Nyamazana Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2016
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.nyamazanasafaris.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB ,ZIMBABWE PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS AND GUIDES. SCI.
Hunted
TANZANIA ,ZIMBABWE , NEW ZEALAND , USA, SOUTH AFRICA
Good offer Eureka... to add to this post I have had clients miss their Leopard ... it happens and as hard we all looked there was no blood or hint it was wounded therefore a trophy fee was not paid ... the land owners weren’t happy and expressed that the hunter should pay since now the leopard that was missed became or becomes educated .. so I personally think this offer is fair for both parties .. and something I may myself use as a ways to satisfy the landowner as well as keep everyone happy .. I don’t believe anyone misses on purpose but this policy will ensure and make sure the PH sets up the shooting port / hole very carefully and the hunter must also make sure of his / her shot ...

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
Great offer. I think the deal is very fair, especially the new parts of the offer. Can't think of a similar offer where an outfitter had made such efforts to get a hunter a shot opportunity

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
I don’t like it...oh of course that’s only because I can’t go this year:cry:! Hopefully in the near future! This leopard hunt could be squeezed into my budget. Pretty exciting sounding!

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Sorry guys but I respectfully disagree with the premise of if you shoot and miss you pay. Having hunted now for many years in many different places and shooting many different animals, it has always been blood you pay period. I can live with that. Having one leopard hunt under my belt and giving it another try in several months I can tell you no one is more disappointed in not taking a cat more than the hunter. Yes the outfitters has placed baits for a month or so but he is being paid for that already, he also has the option to offer other game for the hunter to hunt and get paid for. I think this will set a very unfavorable opinion with many hunters and they will look elsewhere. Respectfully the price for Namibia is "pretty much" in line with what others are charging. And of course there are others higher. There are several sponsors here that offer this hunt without the miss pay scenario.

Rocco

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
sci, pope&young, boone&crockett
Hi
Is the Leopard Hunt still available ?
Thanks

EUREKA HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2018
AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
Media
Member of
NAPHA
Hunted
Namibia

Graham Hunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Alaska Canada US New Zealand Scotland South Africa Zimbabwe
I am always looking for a good Leopard hunt but for tnhe last two seasons the only dead Leopard I have seen is the one with the lady.

EUREKA HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2018
AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
Media
Member of
NAPHA
Hunted
Namibia
I am always looking for a good Leopard hunt but for tnhe last two seasons the only dead Leopard I have seen is the one with the lady.

Graham, no excuses from our side. The tag we had in 2017 was the one that the lady shot. In 2018 we had a hunt where the hunter missed the leopard(hence the reason we added this you shoot you miss policy, cause it does reflect bad on our reputation). We managed to sell the tag again late season 2018 but could not manage to give the hunter a shot, please feel free to read the last hunts report at the following link:

- https://www.africahunting.com/threa...hunt-with-eureka-hunting-safaris-outjo.45834/

Let me know if you need more information.

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Thank you for your honesty. Look most of us here understand leopard are very difficult to hunt most of the time. Yes some do get lucky but I think the vast amount of hunters need more than one hunt. To penalize a hunter for missing just seems wrong to me. What next Eland, bush buck ..

EUREKA HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2018
AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
Media
Member of
NAPHA
Hunted
Namibia
I decided to add another option (option 4 - specifically for Johnny (y)) as we really try to cater for all our clients' individual needs.

14 Day Leopard hunt in Namibia 2019

Trophy fee: 6200 USD (only payable if shot is taken on Leopard)

Options 1 - 3 valid if shot is not taken on Leopard:
Option 1: Daily rate discount if shot is not taken on Leopard: 14 X 600 = 8400USD
Option 2: Extend the 14 day hunt to a 21 day hunt free of charge (Only pay 10780 USD in daily rate)
Option 3: Return later in the same year for 14 days free of charge (Only pay 10780 USD for two times 14 day hunts)

Package total if shot is taken on Leopard: 17980 USD

OR

Option 4: (This options must be specified during the booking process)
Trophy fee: 6200 USD (if blood is found, you pay)

Package total if blood is found: 17980 USD

BnC 04

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, RMEF, DU, NWTF, NRA
Hunted
Canada/Europe/Africa/14 US States
I'd say that covers everyone's concerns.
I for one am in the mindset of the blood=TF but can understand the shot=TF thought process as well. Great you have covered both. Best of luck on selling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imtiaz Dasoo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?