14 Day Leopard Hunt In Namibia 2019

Discussion in 'DEALS & OFFERS' started by Eureka Hunting Safaris, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Eureka Hunting Safaris

Eureka Hunting Safaris SPONSOR Since 2018 AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA
    Hunted:
    Namibia
    14 Day Leopard hunt in Namibia 2019

Trophy fee: 6200 USD (only payable if shot is taken on Leopard)

Daily rate: 14 X 770 = 10780 USD

Daily rate discount if shot is not taken on Leopard: 14 X 600 = 8400USD

Pre-baiting and baiting 1000 USD

Package total if shot is taken on Leopard: 17980 USD

Package total if shot is not taken on Leopard: 9400 USD

2017-07-19 09_22_37-20170713_085431 - Windows Photo Viewer.jpg

Daily Rates Include

• All meals (3 per day)
    • Lodging
    • Drinks (Wine, Beer and soft drinks).
    • Laundry
    • Field preparation of trophies
    • Skinning and Trackers
    • Permit fees and services of a professional hunter
    • Transport of trophies to shipping agent.
    • Airport transfers
    • 15% VAT Daily Rate

Daily Rates exclude

• Commercial flights
    • Spirits
    • Hotels and meals prior to hunt
    • Gratuities
    • Taxidermy dipping, packing & Shipping
    • Side trips and/or touring

Terms and conditions

Animals bagged or wounded must be paid in full.
    50% deposit of intended hunt must be paid in advance before booking will be made.

gizmo and ve7poi like this.

2. jacques smith

jacques smith AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Nice offer fellas, this cat can come home— nice kitty— best luck to you. Jacques

3. Eureka Hunting Safaris

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA
    Hunted:
    Namibia
    Some trail cam photos of this year.

IMG-20181024-WA0005.jpg IMG-20181110-WA0015.jpg IMG-20181110-WA0016.jpg IMG-20181110-WA0017.jpg IMG-20181110-WA0018.jpg IMG-20181110-WA0019.jpg

4. jacques smith

jacques smith AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    A fellow AH member and I were talking about this offer and it’s seems there is some confusion. Perhaps it’s simply how it’s said, but please explain if shot is taken
    If a hunter flat misses but shoots does he still pay trophy fee? We have a small wager on your response. 5th pic is a toad!

5. Eureka Hunting Safaris

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA
    Hunted:
    Namibia
    It`s simply how it`s said, if you pull the trigger at the leopard you pay the full price.
    The reason behind it is that we do allot of preparation and pre-baiting before the time. This takes up allot of time and work to give the hunter the best possible chance of getting his leopard.
    We had it in the past that a hunter flat missed at 65 meter broad on, the chances of getting that leopard on bait again is almost zero. All our hard work is wasted and the leopard it gone.
    Our aim is to give the hunter the best possible price if we do not manage to get him a shoot able leopard.
    We give the hunter the choice to take the shot or not.

What is your feeling about it?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2018
    Buff-Buster and Ridgewalker like this.

6. jacques smith

jacques smith AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Goeie dag sir
    Rather mixed feeling, we all should know that blood equals trophy fee, recovered trophy or not and I fully understand work required via prebaiting, blind prep etc. Many members have expressed their desire to see the outfitters chips in the game, which you have certainly done
    Bottom line becomes don’t miss, but that’s the nature of kitty hunting to begin with. Best of luck and baie dankie. Jacques

7. Bert the Turtle

Bert the Turtle AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    I think it is a fair deal. If the client takes a shot on leopard, that leopard is going to be one skittish kitty. From the outfitters standpoint, that leopard is no more a source of future revenue than if he had been killed.

8. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN AH ENABLER SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR LIFETIME TITANIUM BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico
    Some will, some won’t.

The policy moves the goal line. Anything that departs the norm will require extensive explaining to ensure everyone is on the same page.

The policy will sure make you focus on the shot

9. tarbe

tarbe AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa (Zimbabwe soon)
    Sorry if I missed it. Specifically what area of Namibia will this take place?

Tim

10. Ridgewalker

Ridgewalker AH ENABLER LIFETIME BRONZE BENEFACTOR AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
    Sounds like a fair deal to me. Don’t think I’d miss in daylight at 65yards unless my scope got messed up. Namibia is on my bucket list.

11. Buff-Buster

Buff-Buster GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
    Hunted:
    Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
    Here's my take for whatever that's worth. Alot of members have asked outfitters to lower daily rates and move that cost to the trophy fee portion on leopard hunts. I tend to agree that this tends to lessen the disappointment when a leopard doesn't make it into the salt. It also puts more pressure on the outfitter/PH to produce. As noted by Eureka, leopard hunting is a very labor intensive affair. They have responded to the request admirably, but with an additional "twist". A shot equals a paid trophy fee, regardless of a recovery, blood or no blood.

I believe than if we ask for more "skin in the game" from the outfitter, we as hunters/clients have a responsibility to prepare enough with our rifles and loads to, basically, guarantee that we will make a reasonable (65yd -75yd) shot on our leopard. I don't know about y'all, but since it's a $8,500 trigger pull, I'm practicing for months ahead of getting on that plane!

I for one, think it's a fair deal. We all already accept the trophy fee being paid if there's blood.

Just bringing this up because we tend to discuss outfitter/PH's responsibilities more than our own. Not preaching, just being honest.

Sorry if I kinda hijacked the thread!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    alby, Royal27, Scott CWO and 11 others like this.

12. tarbe

tarbe AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa (Zimbabwe soon)
    I would not have a problem operating under this constraint, given the nature of Leopard hunting (at least as I understand it, as one who has not personally done it...yet).

13. Buckdog

Buckdog AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    the outfitter def has put some skin in the game and that is great. It remains to be seem if the "new twist" of shoot and pay will work out or not. Will definitely make some potential clients think twice about the offer. I have entertained thoughts of leopard hunting but backed away as it seems the odds of putting one down are 50% at best and lower in some areas and countries. For myself thats a lot of cash with low odds of success. I would rather spend it on a hunt with better success rates. For myself I would have no worries of paying if I shot. that part of the hunt is on me to be ready and get it done, I would never loose sleep over the shot but would loose lots of sleep over never seeing a shootable leopard and tons of time and money up in smoke! Thus I will not hunt leopards.

Ridgewalker and Buff-Buster like this.

14. CAustin

CAustin AH ENABLER BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
    Hunted:
    South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
    Solid offer guys!

15. Eureka Hunting Safaris

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA
    Hunted:
    Namibia
    Farm Eureka, the base of Eureka Hunting Safaris, it is located 1 hour to the western side of Outjo in Namibia.

gizmo and tarbe like this.

16. IdaRam

IdaRam BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, NAHC Life Member, SCI, DSC, Wild Sheep Foundation, NSSF
    Hunted:
    Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, California, Alberta Canada, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    This seems like a reasonable and equitable deal to me, I would not have a problem with it.
    I’ve seen offers for other species, such as Cape Buffalo in a herd, with the same ‘you shoot, you pay’ structure.
    Outfitter delivers on what is expected of him, not too much to ask for the client to deliver on what is expected of him as well. Especially when $5K - $10K is on the line, and it is totally out of the outfitters control once the trigger squeeze is intiated.
    And then there is the minor little issue of the PH’s hide that may get perforated if the client doesn’t put an appropriate projectile in an equally appropriate rosette.

17. Therack

Therack AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA PF DU NWTF
    If a shot is taken and the leopard is not wounded or killed, does the client keep hunting for an other leopard or is the hunt over?

18. Eureka Hunting Safaris

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAPHA
    Hunted:
    Namibia
    No the hunter continue hunting for another leopard for the rest of the 14 days. And if he shoot another one or only missed that one he then only pay the full amount. No extra cost if he manage to get another leopard.

Ridgewalker and gizmo like this.

19. Buff-Buster

Buff-Buster GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
    Hunted:
    Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
    Totally understandable to have this opinion Buckdog. Leopard hunting in any country if Africa is far from a "slam dunk". Success rates vary between countries, areas in each country and PH's for that matter. Namibia, on the whole, seems to have the lower success rates but also the lowest prices. On the other hand, right now, Zambia probably has the highest success rates but also gets premium prices. Not telling you anything you don't already know. When looking to hunt leopard, research is everything. Way more so than any other species in Africa today. No outfitter in their right mind would guarantee a leopard but there are areas/outfitters/PH's that have incredible success rates. Then again, these are typically never discounted.

Buckdog and PHOENIX PHIL like this.

20. Bert the Turtle

Bert the Turtle AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    The other thing I like about this offer is that the trophy fee is relatively low considering the daily rate, so the overall price if you do get a leopard is very reasonable for 2019.

The offer puts some of the risk on the hunter, which I think is reflected in the trophy fee being modest. While there are contingencies (the is nothing you can do if the leopard happens to jump out of the tree just as the shot breaks), to be honest, a shot on leopard is taken from a good rest and close range and is not a technically difficult shot. The hunter can do a lot to control the success of the shot by preparing properly for the hunt. Really, the pre hunt practice can be a lot of fun.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018