130 gr 308

I use that bullet with a 1-10” twist. It happens to be the most accurate bullet I’ve tried in my .308.
I was turned on to this bullet by a friend from the range who has used it in his .308 and shot thru several cow elk with it.

I have to re-barrel a rem 700 243. I think I am going to change it to a 308.

If I would like to shoot the 130 gr Barnes TTSX what twist would be best?

Any input would be appreciated.
@Jamie D Van Roekel
The usual twist is 1 in 10 but if you are going to use the 130ttsx or only up to a 165gn a 1 in 11 twist may be even better.
Bob

That light and short of a bullet will work with most twist rates. You may want to just buy a 10” twist in case you want to shoot 180s or heavier down the road. What is making you want to shoot the 130s? Heck that light of a bullet might be better served by the mighty 260 creedmoor. For the record I own 308s and creedmoors. all of them shoot critters dead.

Oh, coincidence I posted below Bob? The creedmoor is his second favorite cartridge!
@Two Tracks
You are 100% correct mate the 6.5 crudmore/ manbun is my second favourite cartridge, TO HATE.
Bob

I have used a 130 grain X bullet on two large muley bucks from my 300 Sav bolt with 1:12 twist. Nice little combo. One bullet exited chest at 250yrds the other stuck if off shoulder at about 110 yards.................good luck................FWB

+1 for .284. Very overlooked but an amazing cartridge
284 in a short action is very limited on bullet choices to meet 2.8” mag length. Yes, I have one. Nosler partitions will work seated deep, 145 Speer Grand Slam (junk) works, 140 gr Woodleigh and some of the light Hammer bullets will work. Forget about anything pointy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettAlfred

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross