Africa
Member of
NRA, ATA, PITA, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF, QU & PU
Hunted
USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia
11 nabbed after R1.2m in rhino horns seized

Mduduzi Mtakati
image005.jpg

FILE PICTURE: 33 rhino horns confiscated in a bust. Some were taken from adult rhinos while others are believed to have been taken from juveniles. Picture supplied.

The confiscated rhino horns are estimated to have a street value of R1.2 million.
Eleven suspects have been arrested after four rhino horns were discovered yesterday.

Hawks spokesperson Brigadier Hangwani Mulaudzi said during the operation dealing with rhino poaching, 11 suspects including three police officers and Chinese nationals were arrested at a complex in Greenstone, Edenvale, on the East Rand.

“We also confiscated six luxurious cars, five firearms and equipment used to poach rhinos. The four rhino horns confiscated are estimated to have a street value of R1.2 million,” added Mulaudzi.

All arrested suspects are expected to appear in court soon.

This after three people – two women and a man – were arrested for allegedly conspiring to poach rhino in the Kruger National Park (KNP) last Thursday.

Hawks spokesperson Lieutenant Robert Netshiunda said police received an anonymous tip-off about a group of people who were plotting to poach rhino in the park.

“Security at all the gates was alerted and the identified vehicle was stopped at Numbi. Upon searching it, a .375 hunting rifle was found hidden in the engine compartment of the vehicle, while a silencer and ammunition were hidden in the boot,” he said.

“The intention was apparently to drop off the firearm inside the park so that it could be picked up by poachers who were already inside the park. One suspect evaded arrest and fled into the bush,” he said.

Attachments

• image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 98
Hope they get rhino horn stuck up there whatsits where it fits best!!!
problem is, it is always the junior guys that get caught and hardly EVER the main TOP guns in charge of the operation...:cautious::notworthy:

Well it's a start. With as much rhino poaching as there is you'd think there would be a few more arrests. 3 policeman...... Hope they put them away for a nice long time. Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross