10mm auto new pistol which one?

I have a few p220, and carried a 226 for years. Sig has my vote.
Although I admit I don't have a lot 10mm experience yet!

Pat

I have a few p220, and carried a 226 for years. Sig has my vote.
Although I admit I don't have a lot 10mm experience yet!

Pat
I grabbed mine at 3:30 this morning. Dogs were going nuts, and a bear has been tearing up my neighbor's honey bees. My 10 is loaded with Underwood 220 grain Hardcast. I didn't get sights on the bear, but he was here....again!

I will add this for the original poster. I was going to get the P220 Kryptec Hunter. But a fella was telling me about his, he got it home and cleaned it, and half the camo coating came off. So I'm very proud to have the regular Nitron.

20200506_170003_copy_1134x1410.jpg

I grabbed mine at 3:30 this morning. Dogs were going nuts, and a bear has been tearing up my neighbor's honey bees. My 10 is loaded with Underwood 220 grain Hardcast. I didn't get sights on the bear, but he was here....again!

I will add this for the original poster. I was going to get the P220 Kryptec Hunter. But a fella was telling me about his, he got it home and cleaned it, and half the camo coating came off. So I'm very proud to have the regular Nitron.

View attachment 346527

I have the 220 Hunter and yes the Kryptec finish is soft, did a clear Ceracote on the slide so I can carry in a holster

I have the 220 Hunter and yes the Kryptec finish is soft, did a clear Ceracote on the slide so I can carry in a holster
Thank you for confirming. When it comes to these here inter-webs, I generally don't believe "I know a guy, who knew a guy" until someone else brings in information to substantiate it.

Has anyone got any experience with Brno PSD? It’s a pistol designed for a proprietary Brno 7.5mm chambering (with very interesting ballistics) but can be had with 9x19 and 10mm conversion kits. Ugly but interesting looking gun.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 11.38.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 11.38.54 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 186
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 11.38.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 11.38.56 AM.png
    533.1 KB · Views: 164
How about Rock Island Armory high capacity 1911s? Are these guns worth anything? I do like the idea of 16rounds capable 10mm 1911 just not sure about manufacturing quality in Philippines.

How about Rock Island Armory high capacity 1911s? Are these guns worth anything? I do like the idea of 16rounds capable 10mm 1911 just not sure about manufacturing quality in Philippines.
I have a rock island single stack 1911. I have thousands of rounds through mine with no issues. It will eat anything you put in the chamber. I shoot a lot of powder coated cast bullets and it really loves hornady xtp’s. I carry that pistol all the time as my hunting back up. Right now it’s been benched because it’s getting set up for a red dot. I am having a dovetail plate made for it because it has a really strange rear cut. It doesn’t match any 1911 cuts

The PSD is very interesting. Most reviews show the 7.5 loads doing amazing things. The conversion barrels seem to be mixed. I'm thinking about picking one up just for the fun factor.

I’d be interested in the BRNO with the 10mm barrel. The 7.5mm ammo could be a limiting factor. It also may be a bit heavy to carry as a backup will hunting in some areas. I think I’d try it if I could hold it prior to buying.

I don’t know what the ammo availability is like in the US, but here, in Poland, I don't know of a single shop that stocks it. Most of the ones I enquired in have not even heard about it. Reloading components probably don’t exist either.

As somebody who prefers steel over plastic I was very reluctant to try Glock in 10mm AUTO. Finally I bought two 10s - Glock 20 Gen4 and Ruger SR1911 Target. Ruger have beautiful line with way better sights, not to mention trigger, perfect fit, 5" barrel...all those details should guarantee better accuracy, right? Well, not really. After 300 rounds from each gun I noticed that Glock provided a bit tighter group, noticeable less recoil, more ammo in lighter package. On some local competition I won 97 points at 25m with Glock - not an easy task for any handgun known for accuracy (SIG P210, Python, SW 686,...). I sold Ruger and Glock became my bow hunting backup and concealed carry gun.

I have a Glock 29 and I've shot a Glock 20and Glock 40. As you add barrel length accuracy gets noticeably better. I can shoot minute of bear with the 29 so I keep it. But if the extra weight/bulk doesn't bother you go for the Glock 20 or 40.

This thread is several years in the making so I suppose the decision has already been made and my opinion doesn't really matter since my preference is a Python, but were I after a self-loader my choice would be a Les Baer.

The Remington (if they're still available) 1911 Long Slide hunter has great sights, enough barrel length for good velocities and if you remove the series 80 firing pin block, as good a trigger pull as any factory 1911.

Few weeks ago I swapped the trigger in my G20. I installed ZEV setup and it’s a big improvement, one I highly recommend. My groups instantly shrank. I’m not a good shot with handguns but at least now I can hold all my shots in the black at 25m on standard ISSF pistol target (200mm circle). It is still poor shooting but I’m working at it and will improve. With the ZEV setup, trigger pull is consistent without any of the flex of the original G20 trigger blade (ZEV is aluminium).

Glock long slide if you can find one!

My Glock 29 has over 3000 rounds through it and my Glock 20 has nearly 5000 rounds through it and they just do not malfunction. I had two malfunctions in the G29 and three in the G20; all in the first 100 rounds - and none since. They were strange - always the last round in the mag and the slide locked back but the empty case was not ejected. It is my impression that a different ejector is now installed but since I haven't had any more malfs, I haven't felt motivated to change anything. I shoot Winchester Silvertips - 175 gr - and CCI Blazers - 200 gr for practice.

Just adding a bit more to this old thread. I have a sig p220 Hunter model. It’s a pretty hefty gun. I agree the main spring is quite heavy. I had a heck of a time finding my brass because it threw it quite a ways away. I haven’t put more than a mag or 2 through it and noticed it was shooting high and left. I touched the rear site with a small screwdriver and the whole site slid out of the dovetail. It’s just held there with 1 set screw. I called sig and sent it off a couple days ago. Should have it back in a few weeks.

Well, I've got three of the P220/10, two are legion. I find the Legion trigger results in much better accuracy - for me. I have the G20 and never mastered the trigger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg