10mm auto new pistol which one?

Have fired the Colt Delta Elite and Glock.
If I was in the market for a 10 mm auto-pistol, I’d buy the Sig P220, all steel, 5” barrel and slide.
The full sized Sig is a bit heavier than the Glock and the Colt, therefore, I’d prefer it over those two.
(Also, I strongly dislike the “squishy” feel of all Glock triggers that I have tried, in any caliber).

I've been watching for a 10mm for a while now but other gun purchases keep getting in the way;)

I am pretty sure when I do pull the trigger, it will be a 1911 style. So although I do know Glocks to be very fine weapons, of those two I would have to go with the Colt.

Personally I've mostly been drooling over a Dan Wesson, just can't decide if a long slide or more standard length, they do several versions in a 10mm.

And now the Ruger SR1911 5" 10mm has caught my eye. Handled one and seemed really decent, especially for the price. And as I have a Ruger collection well on it's way, that is another reason for me to like it. Decisions decisions :)

Depending on what your intended purpose of the handgun is, if you need the extra capacity, glock. Also which fits your hand better? The glock is pretty bulky and some folks with smaller paws tend to not like the grip fit. Try them both out, both are good guns and the 10 is a good round.

Hickok45 has a video on both the Glock 20 and the Colt Delta Elite:

I am wanting to purchase a new 10mm pistol. Would you buy a Glock 20 or a Colt Delta Elite? Any other recommendations?
I would also recommend taking a look at the EAA Witness in 10mm. It comes in many different configurations depending on your intended purpose. Most of my 10mm experience is in the Glock 20 platform and I like it because of the capacity. No matter which type you decide go with single action, striker fired, or double single I would order a spring tune kit from Wolf. Go with Underwood ammo if you want to shoot that cartridge to its full potential.

Take the Glock over the Colt because the Colt does not have a fully supported chamber.

Personally, to me the Colt is twice the gun, easily, but that its chamber is not fully supported means that you'll not be able to shoot the really hot stuff (Underwood Ammo even mentions this with regard to some of their heavier loads, that it is not suitable for the Delta Elite).

Have fired the Colt Delta Elite and Glock.
If I was in the market for a 10 mm auto-pistol, I’d buy the Sig P220, all steel, 5” barrel and slide.
The full sized Sig is a bit heavier than the Glock and the Colt, therefore, I’d prefer it over those two.
(Also, I strongly dislike the “squishy” feel of all Glock triggers that I have tried, in any caliber).

Agreed regarding the Glock trigger (and the Sig).

Which one is the right one all depends upon use...hunting, plinking, defense...all three?

I have a Glock 40 Long Slide 10mm with MOS. This is the one with the slide cut out for an optical sight. This pistol shoots great.
I also have a Sig p220 match 10mm. It has no cut out for an optical sight, but it does have adjustable sights.

Both guns shoot great, but of course the Sig is a much nicer gun.

Sig makes a 10mm for hunting. I forget the model but a friend of mine has one and it shoots great.

The Glock ain't gonna win any Beauty Contest.... but damn hard to beat in terms of functionality/performance!

Next pistol that comes home with me will be a Glock 40 I'm pretty sure

Maybe take a look at the new Ruger SR1911 Model 6739 (full size, 10mm).

Timely thread as I too am about to snag a 10mm. Been looking at the Colt for some time, prices continue to rise. Looked briefly at the Armscor pistols, read a lot of neg reviews, inexpensive but troublesome. Kimber, same thing only more money. Then there is the Ruger, which gets pretty good reviews and is mid priced. I don't care for Glocks, Sigs are fine guns but again, costly. But what really caught my eye is a yet to be released, ( though soon), Ruger Night Watchman, black nitride finished, Novak sighted model with faux ivory grip panels from TALO distributors. So will probably wait for that release to check costs against the others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois