1001 Greatest Sausage Recipes Paperback – August 27, 2022by Stanley Marianski (Author), Adam Marianski (Author)

Gert Odendaal

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAJW
Good day to all members. Members, if there are any one who will be visiting South Africa this year, please be so kind as to buy this book for me , I will give you the money when receiving the book on OR Tambo when you arrive .. I really need this book since it is a great book to make salami/Russians and Chorizos from. Or anu type of smoked meat recipe.

[redacted]
https://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Sau...9d1460ea6cc73&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gert. I'm not heading to RSA this year, but thanks for the lead. I just bought a copy for myself. It seems like a religious text on a sacred topic. Can't wait to try it out!
Does it mean you will be able to bring me a copy as well???

Nothing religious about making salami/russians and other smoked meats, it is all standard procedures, but recipes are important.

Nothing religious about making salami/russians and other smoked meats, it is all standard procedures, but recipes are important.

I don't know about that, buddy. Eating sausage is a religious experience for me, so is biltong.

:)

Making salami or fermented sausages is a great past time , I like working meat , making all the different type of sausages and salami..especially the chorizo sausage

Making salami or fermented sausages is a great past time , I like working meat , making all the different type of sausages and salami..especially the chorizo sausage

Chorizo is a lovely sausage and its great in "Juevos Rancheros", a classic Southwestern US breakfast.

The American Bratwurst is a wonderful sausage too. It was invented in Wisconsin based upon the combined ethnic preferences of German and Polish immigrants. It's sort of a national food now. I've made American Bratwurst with Black Bear and I have to say that was the best sausage I've ever had. Boil it in spices and US beer, then saute butter and the onions, then grill the sausages briefly on a brai. So juicy and delicious served with sauerkraut and a german mustard, adorned with the onions.

The dry wurst snacks the Africans enjoy is spectacular as well and I look forward to that book explaining the Boer seasonings that make African sausages taste so different than our American ones.

I'm getting hungry!

Chorizo is a lovely sausage and its great in "Juevos Rancheros", a classic Southwestern US breakfast.

The American Bratwurst is a wonderful sausage too. It was invented in Wisconsin based upon the combined ethnic preferences of German and Polish immigrants. It's sort of a national food now. I've made American Bratwurst with Black Bear and I have to say that was the best sausage I've ever had. Boil it in spices and US beer, then saute butter and the onions, then grill the sausages briefly on a brai. So juicy and delicious served with sauerkraut and a german mustard, adorned with the onions.

The dry wurst snacks the Africans enjoy is spectacular as well and I look forward to that book explaining the Boer seasonings that make African sausages taste so different than our American ones.

I'm getting hungry!
Roohawk my base meat will be game meat for smoked salami. I am using home grown/raised farm pig as we know it in SA. I am currently building myself a butchery at home, being working a long time with meat now it is time to pass my pension days with hunting and meat processing. This will ensure me getting a lot of hunting and always have enough meat in my own freezer.

Gert,

I'm not heading there this year, should be next. If someone hasn't gotten it to you by then I'll bring you a copy. Like @rookhawk I purchased a copy for myself too.

Hi, I am going next year. I imagine that it wouldn't be a problem to bring it to you if still needed. I too have just bought the book
Thank you kindly rgsiil. It seems I started a fermented sausage /salami culture on a hunting forum :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: (y)(y)It would be great if members can bring me starter culture products and Mold-600products as well..I will specify the products when communicating with a visiting hunter..

Is there a reason for not ordering directly off Amazon with a shipping address in South Africa? (I'm asking because I don't how things like this work over there)

Is there a reason for not ordering directly off Amazon with a shipping address in South Africa? (I'm asking because I don't how things like this work over there)
The main reason being the excessive costs due to our weak Rand currency. The second reason being able to meet members of our forum , and building hunting friendships. Third reason, these products are not available in South Africa . Especially the Mould -600 product and all the different starter cultures, if you do get it here it is much more expensive .

How do you convince the SAPS that the white powdery substance isn't what they think it is? LOL

You show them a picture of the cure..SAPS members are illiterate , most of them can not read..showing them a picture of the cure used in making salami may solve your problem... :ROFLMAO: Their president hides USA dollars in his furniture at his Phala Phala game farm to avoid paying tax , and his parliament members also think it is a great idea to save money , his deputy Mabuza does even better, he stanched his stolen money in a JO-JO water storage tank...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
v9bettel

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois