Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
And I'm pretty worthless at this point. Sunday was both Mother's Day and my wife's birthday, and I managed to stay out of the dog house, even earned a treat....:whistle:

But now it's pretty much all things Africa, all other issues are just petty annoyances. So the plan is to arrive early on Sunday the 24th. Jacques will be meeting us at Tambo and we will head to a concession HV works with in Kwa Zulu Natal. If we get out of Jo'burg soon enough, we may get an evening hunt in. Hopefully we will see one of these for my son Justin......

image.jpg

This 30" monster was killed in the last couple of days by one of our return @Hartzview Hunting Safaris clients using a crossbow. Also on the list is a bushbuck for me and of course any outstanding kudu is always on the list. There is always room to be found for a monster kudu after all, right @BWH? (y) Beyond that I think we will be going tiny.

After a few days in KZN, well we will see where the bakkie takes us. We do plan to finish up at the main HV concession north of Kimberley. This will be my third trip to RSA and if I don't bring momma a zebra rug home, she will be disappointed in me.

Good hunting PHOENIX PHIL!!

Go getum Phil!

Excited for yall Phil!!!

I was worthless at the end too....

Have a great trip and I hope your boy gets on a great nyala. Then you get a great bushbuck for being a dad who takes his kids hunting.

:E Excited:You're going..... while I am planning. They are both fun. However, I must say I am jealous! Not going to lie.... my heart started pumping when I saw that pic of that Nyala. Aside from being safe, having fun, memories, etc..... remember, we need pics/details/play-by-play! I would say get some sleep or get work done..... But I know that ain't going to happen this close to you trip!

It will and won't pass fast enough.
I hope you see a Monster of both targeted species.

Look forward to the little guy pictures.

Starting to get to be an interesting time in the year now.

Thanks for the good words gents. Yes @BRICKBURN it is an interesting time of year. The rut should be on over there I'd think. Hoping with out May 24 arrival it'll still be in swing and that bull kudu get dumb like bull elk over the ladies.

Good luck Phil. Hope ya'll have a great time and a successful hunt.

Have a blast Phil and safe journey.

Have a great time and good luck! If you strike out on that zebra, there is always the store in the airport in joberg!!!!. post as soon as you can.

Reactions: BWH
Wish you the best Phil :D Cheers:

Have a great hunt! Are you bowhunting or rifle hunting or both?

Awesome and congrats staying out of the dog house as I wasn't as lucky. I'm jealous I am still 45 days from leaving. The closer it gets the longer it is taking. I've been pretty worthless since I booked the hunt a year ago!

Hope you and Justin have the time of your life!(y)

Look forward to hearing all about it.

Good luck Phil, I'll be waiting for the pictures and hunt report.

Tic toc.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IonaLannin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!