Reaction score
Website
us.leica-camera.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Leica-Amplus-6-Freddy-Lietz-4.jpg

“Respect for our nature and the understanding for it”

In conversation with Freddy Lietz about his attitude towards hunting and the advice he gives to young people who are interested in hunting.

Leica-Amplus-6-Freddy-Lietz-1-1000x667.jpg

How did you get into hunting?

I grew up with hunting as a family, had my first contact with hunting at the age of five and have been an active and passionate hunter for 18 years.

What do you associate with hunting, what do you particularly appreciate about it?

Being outdoors combined with a great responsibility, proven expertise and a responsible closeness to our nature and its sustainable use. The care and maintenance combined with high-quality meat production. The privilege to have the balance within nature with the best knowledge and conscience and to bring in different aspects like agriculture and forestry.

Where do you prefer to hunt?

In the forest and in the fields.

Is there a hunting experience that has particularly impressed you in the past?

In the course of time there are many special moments during the hunt which all remain in your memory. Very special moments for me personally are the encounters with wild boars at close range and the fallow deer rut.

Leica-Amplus-6-Freddy-Lietz-5-1024x683.jpg
Leica-Amplus-6-Freddy-Lietz-8-1024x683.jpg
Leica-Amplus-6-Freddy-Lietz-1-1000x667.jpg

What would you give as advice to young people who are interested in hunting?

To be interested in the hunting license and hunting means in my opinion to bear great responsibility. Above all to have the necessary respect for our game. Getting a hunting license is not a short-term spontaneous decision but should be lived. I definitely recommend accompanying a friend or acquaintance hunter for a while…

How do you think modern hunting and nature conservation fit together?

In every area time is evolving and that is a good thing. Also, the hunt develops itself further and a contemporary hunt can be exercised definitely properly. The basic framework for this is the respect for our nature and the understanding for it.

Last but not least: Why are high-quality optics important for you when hunting?

The highest priority for me is to ensure that the hunt is in accordance with the hunting guidelines and without suffering. A responsible craft requires high-quality tools. High-quality optics are an essential tool to have a solid foundation even under difficult conditions.

Favicon-512x512-150x150.png

WRITTEN BY
Leica Hunting Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross