Here is my hunting belt (De Santis):
In addition to:
- a shell carrier (either a Rigby "Elasticated" for either .270 Win, .300 Wby, .375 H&H or 416 Rigby; or a Murray "6 pack" for .470 NE);
- a 4" Puma "Hunter's Pal" knife;
because I like to walk long and far, and stay for the last best 5 minutes of light, I often use on the way back to the truck:
- a mini Maglite upgraded with a LED bulb (100 lumens, 145 yards, 9 hours);
because I like pictures of landscapes and people (not just trophies), I always carry:
- the best compact camera money can buy (Sony RX 100 - full 1" sensor size, 20 MP, RAW format);
and because its uses are endless, and I now need glasses for anything up close, I always carry:
- a Victorinox Champion Swiss knife;
- a pair of folding reading glasses.
The belt is really light and unobtrusive once on, and I always have on me everything I may need regardless of whether I peel layers or not (this fixes the issue of things in pockets never on hand once the jacket is removed...). This has worked great for me for about 30 years, with the Mag-Lite being upgraded to LED, the camera being upgraded from film to digital, and the reading glasses being added a couple years ago (sigh....).