AfricaHunting.com is a community of hunters and outdoor enthusiasts dedicated to sharing their love of nature, wildlife and hunting in Africa and the rest of the world. This is a friendly community based on mutual respect. Our focus is to inform and enhance the enjoyment within the hunting safari community by encouraging the mutual exchange of experiences, ideas and opinions. We sincerely hope you enjoy and benefit from your time spent with us.
Everyone is welcome to interact by answering and commenting on posts made by members, posting your own questions and content such as stories, articles, ratings and reviews, pictures and videos. Any violation of the general rules may result in restricting the offender's future ability to post on AfricaHunting.com. Please be respectful of other members at all times.
Hope you understand that if AfricaHunting.com was to allow everyone to post just solicitous advertisements and direct promotion for themselves with no valuable content for hunters, it would defeat the purpose of the site as a resource and degrade the quality of AfricaHunting.com where informative content is sought by thousands of hunters everyday.
PostingThe use of this site by members is a privilege that can be limited and/or revoked at any time, for any reason and/or any length of time. This also should be common sense, but some of the things people like to try and do that isn't allowed...
- It is not okay to post your own personal information or post links to your personal information, including but not limited to email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses or identification numbers. If you want to provide someone else your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system.
- It is not okay to post someone's personal information or post links to personal information. When posting screenshots, be sure to edit out any personally identifiable information to avoid running afoul of this rule. Public figures can be an exception to this rule, such as posting professional links to contact a congressman or the CEO of a company.
- No mentioning, alluding to or or linking to any competitor of AfricaHunting.com.
- No promoting or linking to your social media.
- No posts, topics or links to purely advertise a product or service.
- No shilling shall be allowed by personally endorsing a company or product when in fact you are being compensated monetarily, with product, freebies or otherwise.
- If you have information to share regarding hunting outfitters, professional hunters, hunting guides, services or products do so by replying directly in the thread and not asking the other member(s) to PM or email you.
- Don't post in threads just to "bump" them to the top of the list of threads.
- Don't hijack threads/topics. This includes (but not limited to) purposely changing the subject, posting in someone's sales thread to offer your opinion when you have no intention of buying.
- Copy/paste posts, junk posts, and other ambiguous replies will be treated as spam and will be deleted, wasting your time and ours. We may also issue spam warnings which could very quickly lead to a ban.
- Don't mask your links with a URL that redirects the user. If you want to link to something, link to the actual page. This includes affiliate links which are only allowed in signatures (not posts).
- Don't post stuff that is a copy/paste. We don't have any need for duplicate content/plagiarism.
- Don't post or offer an item that is not yours.
- The sale/offering of hand-loaded (non-factory ammunition) is not allowed, no exceptions.
- AfricaHunting.com makes no warranty as to the integrity or reliability of any content posted to its servers.
Creating New Threads
For the most part, this should be common sense, but in case it's not...
- Start threads in the most relevant forum category.
- Don't create empty posts that contain nothing but a link (if you are going to link to a news article for example, give a summary of it in your own words). Be careful when linking to sites you are affiliates with, as it may cross the lines into self-promotion/spamming.
- Don't post personal attacks against other members. Take up whatever your issue you have with them privately. The world probably doesn't care that you don't like Joe.
- Search before you post a new thread, because there's a good chance someone already posted it. We don't need 50 threads letting everyone know Michael Jackson died... One is enough.
Unsolicited Conversation/Private Message (PM) to promote, sell or offer anything to members is not allowed and if you are reported or found to be soliciting members of the site through the PM system you will be banned. Also unless you are an ADVERTISER/SPONSOR of AfricaHunting.com you may not promote, sell or offer anything to members through the PM system and if you are reported or found to be sending a PM to a member of the site you will be banned. We monitor messages sent through AfricaHunting.com for fraud, abuse, spam and other violations of our policy.
Commercial and Promotional Posting PrivilegesProfessional hunters, hunting guides and hunting outfitters are an asset to AfricaHunting.com as they bring a wealth of knowledge, we want them visiting and participating on the site as much as possible.
- Commercial and promotional posting privileges (including Banner Ads, User Name with commercial identity, Avatar, Logo, Forum Signature, Forum Signature Banner, Links and Any Contact Information) are reserved for current and in good standing ADVERTISERS/SPONSORS of AfricaHunting.com (restrictions may apply).
- No promoting or selling other outfitters hunts, quotas or services.
- Non-sponsoring hunting outfitters, professional hunters and hunting guides are not allowed to promote or post their Hunts OFFERED in the DEALS & OFFERS forum or any other forum of the board or respond to a WANTED post through the PM system.
- Members may not post for sponsoring or non-sponsoring hunting outfitters, professional hunters and hunting guides. Any post in the DEALS & OFFERS forum must be made by the sponsoring hunting outfitters, professional hunters and hunting guides under their own account.
- Unless you are an ADVERTISER/SPONSOR of AfricaHunting.com you may not do anything on the site to promote a business, website, forum, blog, Facebook account, YouTube Channel... This rule applies whether or not you are the owner of the business or website. You may not link to any commercial non sponsor website in your signature. You may not include the name of any non sponsor business in your User Name, Signature or in your Public Profile including the Home Page found there. You may not have a User Name that promotes your business. You may not post a message that is for the purpose of promoting your business with either text, pictures or videos. Non sponsor forum members engaged in a profit making enterprise who receive a direct request for their services or products in a thread may not post "Conversation sent", "PM sent" or "Email sent" and then conduct their business off line. This can be a tricky process so please contact a Moderator before making a post if you are uncertain if you are crossing the line. When in doubt refrain from posting.
- Only Sponsors are allowed to sell or resell a hunt on AfricaHunting.com.
- Sponsors may not act as agents to sell or resell a hunt on AfricaHunting.com from another hunting outfitter, professional hunter or hunting guide. If you are reported or found to be selling for others your sponsorship will be terminated immediately, your account will be banned and your outfit will no longer be allowed to sponsor the site in the future, that account will also be banned.
- Free hunt or giveaway offers need to be worked out and approved first by AfricaHunting.com.
- Fundraisers, auctions and/or donations need to be approved first by AfricaHunting.com.
- No promoting fundraisers, auctions and/or donations on other websites or through other organizations without prior approval by AfricaHunting.com.
- No exchange, trading, swapping or reselling of hunts.
- Once a sponsor terminates or fails to renew its' sponsorship, meaningful changes to the sponsorship account will be made including but not limited to username and sponsorship status change, removal of banner ads, avatar, logo, forum signature, forum signature banner, links, any contact information, any or all content created by AfricaHunting.com and any or all content posted about or by the sponsor.
- AfricaHunting.com reserves the right to decline and/or reject any advertising for any reason at any time without liability even though previously acknowledged or accepted.