Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

KUDU RIFLES

This is a discussion on KUDU RIFLES within the Up To .375 forums, part of the HUNTING EQUIPMENT, FIREARMS & AMMUNITION category; I was a bit surprised how well it did. I took my 338Win partly for back-up but never needed it. ...

Divernhunter is offline AH Veteran

Member of Life member NRA and NAHC Escalon Sportsmans club and Coalinga Rifle Club

Hunted USA, RSA

Divernhunter has no Photos

I was a bit surprised how well it did. I took my 338Win partly for back-up but never needed it. The load I worked up for her rifle used H-450. Went to get more powder and found out it is no longer made. Too bad as it was the fastest load and would put 5 shots into one hole at 100 yards. That Swift bullet was very good.

Poucher is online now AH Member
    Poucher has no Photos

in bush country the CZ550 carbine in 9,3 x 62 is perfect or the 375 Ruger carbine could work as well, in open country 8 x 68S, 300 Weatherby or even 375 H&H with 270 bullets do it right.

Code4 is online now AH Enthusiast

Member of SSAA

Hunted Australia, Zimbabwe, RSA, NZ, UK.

Quote Originally Posted by BARTFRNCS View Post
    Have so many rifles cant decide which one to bring on my may 2013 hunt for large Kudu. Should i use a classic like 7x57 or go big with my 375 H&H. Something in the middle? Help me please!!
    So what did you end up useing ?
    Time spent in Reconnaisance is never wasted.

watman is online now New Member
    watman has no Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Poucher View Post
    in bush country the CZ550 carbine in 9,3 x 62 is perfect or the 375 Ruger carbine could work as well, in open country 8 x 68S, 300 Weatherby or even 375 H&H with 270 bullets do it right.
    I'm taking a CZ550 FS in 9.3 for my hopeful Kudu in April. That said I'm also bringing a 308 so whatever's in my hands at the moment.

Poucher is online now AH Member
    Poucher has no Photos

I took my biggest Kudu with acustom 8 x 57 with Norma Alaska 196 gr bullets at 32 yards. If you donnot strech to far the shots you can take yours with a well place 180 gr bullet from yours 308 win, the 9,3 will gives you a litle more confident to take difficult shots in the bush.

BigSteve57 is offline GOLD SUPPORTER

Member of SCI, NRA, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore MD,MD State Rifle & Pistol Assn., MD Rifle Club

Hunted USA, Namibia

I took mine with a 375 H&H through an Acacia tree. Well, not necessarily through the tree. It was standing behind the tree that is shown behind it in the photo. They like standing in heavy brush, I am told. It's part of the reason they are called the Grey Ghost of Africa.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BigSteve57; 01-28-2014 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Clarification...
    I think, therefore I am paid.

Double D is offline AH Senior Member

Member of SCI

Hunted South Africa, Mozambique, Zambia, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Canada, Kyrgyzstan

This was a great thread started a long time ago, I really enjoyed reading it. It touched on a lot of great different opinions. I enjoyed the fact that a young girl took her trophies cleanly with a 257 rbts and I love that round but never had the guts to take it. The fellow originally asked if his 7 x 57 was enough for Kudu. On one of my first safaris my rifles didn't show up and I borrowed a 7x57 to shoot a kudu, a zebra and a springbok before my rifles showed up, I cant imagine a better caliber for plains game. So he started out with a 7x57 and a 375. If he didn't no it he had a sweat pair that anyone could take anywhere any time for anything. I would prefer my 500 for elephant but if it wasn't available I would happily use the 375 even for elephant.

sestoppelman is online now SILVER SUPPORTER

Member of NRA, NA Hunt Club

Hunted Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia, South Africa

I dont think we have heard from Bart for some time, unless I missed him somewhere.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4