ZIMBABWE: Safari Gal in Search of a Tusker in Zimbabwe

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports' started by safari gal, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Upton O. Good

Upton O. Good AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA Life member, Nature Conservancy, Dallas Safari Club
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, Louisiana
    Nice, detailed write up, well done.

safari gal likes this.
  2. Jfet

Jfet AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, DSC
    Hunted:
    Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and now Namibia
    Lori, great hunt and story!
    Thanks for the marvelous work you did on getting us to Namibia and back. (y)

safari gal likes this.
  3. Bobpuckett

Bobpuckett GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
    Hunted:
    USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
    Congrats Lori Great hunt! Thanks for sharing sure sounded like fun made me wish I was there.

safari gal likes this.
  4. NYAMAZANA SAFARIS

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    DALLAS SAFARI CLUB ,ZIMBABWE PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS AND GUIDES. SCI.
    Hunted:
    TANZANIA ,ZIMBABWE , NEW ZEALAND , USA, SOUTH AFRICA
    Great report Lori, thanks for posting. Nyoni the council scout told me later that this bull was the one that was reported to have harassed the villages and may have been the bull responsible for following that one farmer home and destroying his bedroom which made the news here , which I attended to but the Elephant was long gone by the time I received the news several days after the fact.

Just an up date I will be drilling another borehole in my Umguza area to provide more water for the increase in Elephant numbers that are drinking from my reservoirs. When 50 bulls drink over one night they finish 10 000 ltr's water leaving not a drop , quite amazing .

Hope you and Troy can make it out again so we can take care of some Hyena's.

All the best

safari gal likes this.
  5. safari gal

safari gal SPONSOR AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, New Zealand, Argentina and throughout North America
    Thanks, Jfet! Glad I could help and hope you enjoyed Namibia as much as we do!

6. safari gal

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, New Zealand, Argentina and throughout North America
    Thanks Wayne - that was an old "cheeky" bull so I'm not surprised, glad to hear that he was really a problem animal in the area. What a memorable hunt!

7. Wheels

Wheels GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania
    Lori,

I have been looking forward to this report since we realized we had back to back trips going with Wayne. (I'm a little late in seeing the report as we have been on vacation.)

Congratulations on your elephant. I love the character in the broken tusk. Also a nice croc. It is neat seeing photos and reading descriptions of places I am familiar with.

It takes awhile to put something like this together. You have written a great report with photos. Thanks for sharing them with us. Sounds like we will both have to go back for that illusive hyena!

All the best.

8. Buff-Buster

Buff-Buster GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
    Hunted:
    Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
    Congrat's Lorie! Looks like ya'll had a great trip. Well done and thanks for sharing with us!

safari gal likes this.
  9. rederiversam

rederiversam New Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI,NRA
    Hunted:
    RSA,Nam,Zim
    Thanks for a great reading report. Brought back memories of our time in camp before you. Super trophy and as Wayne always says, timing is everything. Best Regards. Dwight

safari gal likes this.
  10. safari gal

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Thanks Wheels - glad you enjoyed my report - mine was not quite as detailed as yours but I did try to keep a bit of a journal each day that helped with the story. Will have a return trip for sure - hyena's beware!

Wheels likes this.
  11. safari gal

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Hi Dwight - good to see you on here - sounded like you two had a good hunt from what Wayne said!

12. MT Griz

MT Griz AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, Namibia, USA- Montana, Alaska
    Hi Lori,

Just ran across your report. Great writeup! Glad you and Troy had a fun and successful trip. Very nice elephant. Hope to catch up with you in person soon!
    Cheers!

safari gal likes this.
  13. safari gal

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Hi MT Griz - thanks, it was a fun trip. We do need to "catch up" sometime soon.