AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.kevindthomas.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Previously ZPHGA, PHASA, SCI, ECGMA - all now lapsed since I'm no longer active in the industry but still support it fully.
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique.
Zimbabwe man dies in crocodile attack
2012-05-09 20:53

Harare - A fishing club in Zimbabwe says one man died and another was hurt in a crocodile attack in the country's northwest.

The National Anglers Association said on Wednesday that Zimbabwean national Frank Trott, aged in his 70s, died after trying to rescue a friend paddling along the shoreline at Charara fishing camp.

Two crocodiles were shot dead by wildlife rangers afterwards and remnants of the victim - including intestines and clothing - were found along the shores of Lake Kariba.

The dead man was dragged away by a giant crocodile after the man went to assist his friend, said Mike Brennan, head of the fishing group. The friend, aged in his 40s and a fellow farmer with experience in the African wilderness, was treated for wounds to his waist and buttocks.

- AP

Kevin

It seams that i have read where the crocks are able to snatch a person from a dug-out, canoe, small water craft with out tipping them over.,.

Gives a new meaning to a moving buffet line...

Brave man to jump in with the Crocs to try and save a friend.

Kevin

It seams that i have read where the crocks are able to snatch a person from a dug-out, canoe, small water craft with out tipping them over.,.

Gives a new meaning to a moving buffet line...

james when i was fishing on the lower zambezi in zambia last oct, i was told that roughly between the red cliffs and luangwa boma it was averaging about one local fisherman a month being taken from their dugouts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you