Bigkudu

AH member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Does any one have hunted with luxuryhunts.com of Jeff Martinell at Zimbabwe for plains game, If there is anyone who have hunted with him or hear about a hunter please let me know.

thanks

Hunted with Jeff Martinell in Tanzania

Hi BigKudu, My hunting buddy and I hunted Cape Buffalo and other plains game in the Selous in Tanzania with Jeff Martinell in 2002. We also hunted leopard in 2003 and elephant in 2005 both in Zimbabwe.

At that time, Jeff actually booked our Tanzanian hunt for his clients Clements and Stein. Since then Mr. Stein died in a motorcycle accident and I believe he now books for Clements. Our PH was Brian von Blerk who is absolutely fantastic. I saw Brian's picture in the SCI Safari Magazine a couple of issues ago so I know he is still active in Tanzania.

I have not spoken with Jeff in a couple of years now, since he stopped going to the Harrisburg Eastern Outdoor Show.

What would you like to know?

Jeff Martinell is the US booking agent for luxury hunts in Zimbabwe. Jeff intentionly misled me when first enquiring about this plains game hunt, in that he said it was free range. The hunt was on Sondelani game ranch. Of the 10 animal / 10 day hunt I was on, I shot only 5 of the animals. A hunting friend accompanied me on the same trip & also only managed to bag 5 of his 10 animal package.
That said - accomodation, food, service was excellent. The hunt was fair chase & all animals on package were seen, although some were immature & others didnt offer a shot.

hunted with Jeff Martinell in Zimbabwe

I misread bigkudu's note and recalled my hunt for Cape Buffalo in Tanzania. I hunted dangerous game with plains game added in Zimbabwe twice with Jeff Martinell. All of the hunts were tough free ranging, fair chase hunts. We stayed at the Sondeloni Lodge for our leopard hunt but left the compound daily to hunt 100s of square miles of wild open land on various farms. Farms with barbed wire not high fences or no fences at all. I took all of the species intended and even passed on a 57" + kudu. All of my trophies qualified for SCI. The elephant hunt was also free ranging and wild near Wenghie National Park. We stayed at Camp Good Luck and traveled far and wide in search of big tuskers. We took all of the plains game desired and once again they all made the book. Jeff is a salesman and big talker, but he booked us good hunts with outstanding PHs. Be sure to discuss every detail of what you are looking for and don't assume anything.
I would book with Jeff any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg