Montana export

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, WACA, GOA, PLWA
Hunted
Zimbabwe
Have finally gotten around to posting for Wayne; he is a superb PH and outfitter. Four of us got our money's worth and a lot more. An authentic experience with lots of game and some REALLY great trophies. In addition he is a first rate bird aficionado--knows 'em all. He can spot game a mile away, is VERY patient with greenhorns, and takes care of every detail without appearing to rush anybody or discommode them. His trackers are AMAZING and recovered game anyone else would have given up on. Equipment well cared for, food out of this world (he knows many fabulous recipes and is right on top of the grocery department). Superb accommodations. The side stuff was an unexpected key to our overall satisfaction: catching catfish, exploring bushman caves, bird watching, night driving for the nocturnal exotics, great camera work, a ready smile from the whole crew, and a PH with enough experience to make the right decisions and still fresh enough to get really excited right along with you. He knows his way around the crazy red tape (which is mild by South African standards), deals with all potential governmental challenges with smooth and confident experience. His hunters are insulated from all the war stories by a lifetime of farming, hunting, and the necessary understanding of the changes that his country has undergone. We came away with a strong and healthy perception. Did I mention what an exceptional raconteur Wayne is around the campfire? You will not be disappointed with this outfitter; he knows his stuff.

zimbabwe-vista-jpg.8990

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the hunt report, glad you had a good time!

Thanks for the Hunting Report. I see your new to the Forums so Welcome to AH! Would love to see some pics of the trophies you and your friends took.

Welcome to AH and thanks for the report. And please post pics!

Welcome to AH Montana...

If you could find the time to show us some of your great pictures...we could all enjoy your safari with you.

Thanks for the report.
As James says please elaborate with more of the tales of the hunt and as always pictures!!!

Welcome to the forum, Montana.

We need pics, lots of them !

dad's buck.jpg
Here's a Photo - That's me on the left and Mr. Montana himself, who shot this fine Waterbuck, second from the right. More photos pending.

if I may stress one thing about our experience with Wayne Van Den Bergh, it was that he clearly listened when we described the sort of hunting experience that we wanted, and he worked very hard to ensure that's exactly what we got.

Thanks, Wayne.

Here are a few more photos to enjoy - It was a beautiful area!

kudu skulls.jpg
zimbabwe vista.jpg
good impala!.jpg
CIMG1627.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful area indeed, thanks for posting some pictures Cossack!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daneski43

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber